How do I randomize teams?

I’m making a map where there is one ruler and the other players’ goals are to take down the king. However, I’m also including sentries to protect the king. But here’s the catch. I have to set the sentries to a certain team, but I found out that the teams are based on who joins first. So team 1 is host, team 2 is 2nd joined, etc. And while creating my game, when I set the sentries to team 1, then the host would always be the king. If I set the sentries to team 2 or 3 or 4, the host is never the king. When I set the sentries to any team, then the sentries attack the king. How do I make it so where the teaming is random? I’ve seen some among us games where the impostor is randomly picked, so I’m pretty sure it’s possible. Right? Anyways, please help me!

Welcome to the forums @GlM !

1 Like

Appreciate it, cellofive!

1 Like

Do you mean you want the sentries teams’ to be random or the player’s

How to Make an Emergency Meeting in Among Us!

How to make a task bar like Among Us [:orange_square:]

How to setup teams for Among Us | Difficulty: :green_square:

How to Get vitals from Among Us

How to Let the Imposter Hide in Vents :orange_square:

How to make killing for Among Us (Difficulty: :orange_square:)

In-game Chat System: A guide by Dayy (Difficulty::orange_square:)

A Quick and Easy-to-fix error in Among Us Team Choosing | Difficulty: :green_square:

How to Make a Kill Button That Drops a Dead Body

How to make the wire task in Among Us [:orange_square:]

How to Make the Clean o2 Filter/ Clean Vent Task in Among Us (:green_square:)

How to make a Task like the Weapons Task in Among Us(Asteroids) :yellow_square:

How to make the Fuel Engines Task like in Among Us | Difficulty: :yellow_square:

How to make the Admin Swipe Card Task in Among Us

How to make a voting system (old guide from last forum)

How to make a voting system for Among Us [SIMPLIFIED]

The Ritheked Version of Voting (1.0)! ~6% Memory | Difficulty: :orange_square:

The Ritheked Version of Voting 2.0 (Difficulty :purple_square:)

The Whomian Version of Amongus Voting!

And the resources for it all:
[ :newspaper: Resources] Resources for Among Us

1 Like

Well, I want the sentries to be on the “ruler’s side” which I want to be chosen randomly, so both I guess

We can’t have sentry’s teams chose randomly but you can randomize teams with a team switcher (random team) or in map options

2 Likes

Lifecycle (when game starts) ----> relay (all players) ----> team switcher (random team I think)

oh ok, I undersstand

Let me try that right now

Also @GlM welcome to the forums! Pls mark a solution when you have one.

1 Like

It is not working. I’m still spawning as the king, (I set it to team 1) but I want it to be random, as I don’t always want the host to be the king. If there is a solution, that is. If there isn’t, I’ll have to change my whole map idea

Is there a setting to target just the game host? Otherwise, lifecycle (when game starts) ----> team switcher (random team) (separate from the player team randomizer). Lifecycles usually only target the game host at its core, so this should work.

It’s not for some reason.

I need to go, I’ll figure it out later I guess. I have all the time I need…

After all, Rome wasn’t built in a day— or in my case a week.

1 Like

This is all you should need.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @GlM

Don’t forget to check out the Forum beginners and forum-tips tag.

The Community Made Guides category is also very useful, posts there give you a gist of the rules and mechanics in Gimkit Creative.

While you’re at it, I suggest also reading the TOS and FAQ.

If you need help with anything, just ask! After all, this is a Community Forum :slight_smile:

As you journey through life, may you find joy in every step, courage in every challenge, and inspiration in every moment. Me, Caternaught the art enthusiast, wishes you Great luck as you face through life’s problems. Remember, life isn’t about hating the mistakes you make, but the wisdom you find after. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Gim you can randomize teams with a team switcher and an end game Device :slight_smile:

I know I’m late (Again) but
Welcome to the forums @GlM!

I hope you enjoy your time here with us!

I would check out the forum beginners and forum tips tag!

If you ever need help with something that you are building, the community made guides tag is very helpful!

Since you may or may not have just joined, if you are tagged in this, you are still new! So it would be advisable to check the TOS and FAQ!

As you journey through this dark and wonderful place, let it be known that we are here to help you on whatever you need! Even in the darkest amount of ink, there can still be hope. -Shadow.exe

2 Likes