I need ideas for traps in a deathrun that's not just lasers or sentries

Lava pit, snake pit, scorpion pit, trap door, rolling boulder, and falling axes.

Hold up wat? Only the lava pit and trap door are possible of that? (And sort of the rolling border using text + alot of math, but that’s a purple box level creation at least, and a good 70% of gimkit creators I’ve seen can’t make it). I guess falling axes is also sort of possible, but not a snake pit or scorpion pit. There’s a limit to text math for animation lol.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @jjnitzan! Be sure to follow the forum guidelines! :slight_smile:

Also bruh, @Artemis, pretty sure you’ve:
A: Said that to me before.
B: I’m not breaking any community guidelines, but that message implies that, so be careful what you say…

Anyway @yaypoke624x , here’s a list of not too hard ideas for a death run (at least in terms of level of knowledge required).

• Using teleporters or a maze for a puzzle as you use rising text (or text that goes sideways, which I can make a guide for if you need me to) to simulate lava.
  • A crafting challenge to progress. You’d give the player a bunch of items, when they enter a zone (triggerable 1 time per player), and a barrier that needs a keycard. That keycard is craftable with a bunch of different craftable items, the player has to figure out what they need. You can also make them craftable in reverse, so then you could have items you don’t need in there, wasting the players time. For a death timer, you could use a game overlay to show a timer they have to advance, or the lava idea from before.
  • Soccer (sort of), where there’s a goal zone on the right and the player is given a gun. However either a bot behind the goal or another player (if this is a runner vs. someone triggering traps) will shoot at the ball as a goalie. The ball has to enter the zone to allow the runner to continue. You could use a time-limit like before, or just place a bunch of sentries up high to shoot at the player.
  • A maze or pathway that’s surrounded by lasers where the player would have to move precisely or die and respawn at a checkpoint at the beginning. (You could also use zones that are wired or broadcast to a player respawner/teleporter to the beginning).

If you need more ideas I can think of some, but these are some fun basic ideas, and past this it’ll get alot harder to make.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

ground breaking plants that deal damage?

1 Like

Ooh that’s a good one! Not sure how you’d polish it to look smooth though… Hmmmm…

1 Like

I was just trying to be nice. There are a lot of people who I welcome. I’m sorry if you thought I was implying that you were breaking rules, it’s a way I welcome people. I’m sorry…

Don’t worry about it! I didn’t take it that way lol. I just know people who would take it that way, and was saying to be careful. (It really is fine lol)

1 Like

The snake and scorpion pits can be used. Just use laser to deal constant damage. And the animation won’t be too bad as long as the pit isn’t huge.

trap has most of the guides about traps
@Blizzy has also made a tug for them

1 Like

So you mean like a picture of a snake/scorpion over a laser? I don’t see how that could be polished to a high standard really…

No, the lasers do damage, and you use emojis and move them around.

Welcome to the forum! @yaypoke624x

Maybe use sentries and Zone devices that change speed to troll players

But you can’t really get smooth movement with emoji’s? The limit is the text size/space size, and you can’t balance out a nice emoji of a snake (24 font size) with a font size of 6 for the closest to smooth movement…

Again, it was just a suggestion (actually, my friends since he was bored). If you don’t like it, get over it.

1 Like

Wasn’t trying to be aggressive lol. My bad if it seemed that way. I have the unfortunate tendency to want to question things and understand others reasoning.

1 Like

How To Make A Landmine/Triggerable Mine(🟩) This could be a good idea :slight_smile:

Lines of kill zones and safezones like
ooooo
xxxxx
ooooo
xxxxx
ooooo
where the x’s are dangerous parts and the o’s are safe zones.
Where the death activates a button, the x’s kill zones turn on so a player walking through has to either beat the death’s reaction time or bait him.

welcome to the forums! @yaypoke624x

i think you should add a code-like hallway. if you dont know what i mean, make it so you have a hallway, but you can only step on certain tiles, which would line up in a code. if you step on the wrong tile, you’ll be killed. its similar to the glass bridge in squidgame, thats my best way of referencing the idea anyways. (I’m not sure what the name for it is)

hello @yaypoke624x welcome to the forums!
take a look at the guides that was made for death runs! (It includes some traps you may use!)

How to make a Deathrun map (🟨)
How to make a Deathrun (WIP) (A bit lazy)

1 Like