How to make a trap in Gimkit Creative

Face it, my friends are weird. I MEAN REALLY WEIRD. So I wanna trap them by using… (Drumroll please)… A TRAP!!! I know right? I’m so smart. I wanted my trap to catch them in the act of sussy behavior. so I made an elaborate plan to catch them all. I’m calling it “the totally not a trap trapper button!” Even smarter right??? if you have name Ideas put them in the comments and let’s GOOOOO!!!

Step 1: the trap

Summary

I needed at least a couple of different ideas to create my trap and now I have 3
Screenshot 2023-10-16 11.20.36 PM
then I needed the real trap part
Screenshot 2023-10-16 11.22.54 PM
I used lasers but it’s up to you

Step Two

Summary

now for the mechanics:
I added a button that allows the player to fall into the trap

if it’s weird then you’re doing it right.
you should then add a teleporter into the specific area where the trap is and have the channel “why” be attached to the teleporter and button.

you could even add a popup that tells them they are trapped!

this is all mainly relying on your imagination. Have fun with it!!! if you create your own version of the trap, put it in the comments I would love to see it!

2 Likes

Nice guide. However please try to fix your grammar and spelling to make it clearer to understand for new gims. Fixed the title for you.

2 Likes

You could probably trigger this with a trigger device, right?

2 Likes

You can also change the "Summary thing on the dropdowns. But cool guide!

2 Likes

Yes. (whoops, replied to wrong post, meant to reply to @TaigaBiome )

2 Likes

Nice guide @Penguin101 !! Good job!

2 Likes

Nice guide!

2 Likes

easiest trap of all time:

when the player triggers something, open a popup or question answering screen for them that they can’t close.

3 Likes

oooo or maybe you can create an infinite teleport loop that just annoys the player when they walk into it

3 Likes

(I fell into the trap)
(I Bumped into the lasers)

1 Like

here’s another: make a trigger/zone when player steps on it a movment meter gets activateed and freezes them for a random amount of time

1 Like