Pseudo-Health, what it does, how to use it (Difficulty: đźź©)

Pseudo-health is tricking the game into using a property for health. Since it is a property we can set it to start at 100 (or 200 for shield) or some absurd number like 10,000.

The default value is the amount of health that you want to start with.

If you want a zone to deal damage without using lasers do player entered zone (zone) → trigger (trigger) that trigger would subtract any amount you want from the property.

And you can do this with all of your damage and have it any amount

If you want to kill the player when they run out of health have it respawn the player at 0 Pseudo-health.

You can do this with a checker

Now for the check:

If you want it to keep checking if they are at 0 Pseudo-Health:

Now to reset the health:
Player knocked out (lifecycle) → trigger (trigger)
The trigger has this block

Set property “Health”
value 100

(If I mess up tell me please)

29 Likes

This looks like it’ll be a great guide! Nobody has ever made a guide like this! Its just been an accepted fact!

8 Likes

Nice guide! Psuedo health kinda just popped into existence without any explanation while I was making a breath meter. Nice job explaining what it really is!

7 Likes

This guide by @Coral basically uses pseudo health, and kind of explains it in a certain situation

1 Like

[details=“Sorry”
I tagged myself…
[/details]

2 Likes

Nice job! Another pseudo guide!

4 Likes

Pseudo Health could be very useful in those trying to make a battle royale by using this method to control the player’s health in the poisonous fog.

5 Likes

Yes, but we still haven’t figured out a actual way to decrease the health with personal gadgets, like meelee weapons.

4 Likes

If only we could have a damage modifier or NEGATIVE HEALTH GRANTERS!!!

12 Likes

We could use coordinate grids

2 Likes

yeah damage modifiers, in game music, boat props, etc.

4 Likes

Yes, but it would be very hard knowing where the enemy is of a player that attacks.

4 Likes

tried this didnt work :frowning:

2 Likes

Use an overlay with a tracked item. Connect a repeater to a check every 0.1 seconds to make sure you always have more than 0 of an item and if the check fails the player turns to a spectator. Connect a lifecycle (player knocked out) to a trigger (1sec delay) which takes away 1 of that item

2 Likes

Hey, you got leader! Would you look at that!

I briefly remember when you first joined. You were a master at art, and look at you now! Incorporating layers, transforming props, and finally our first leader! I say, congratulations! Now I am content with what I have done on the forum. I have been waiting for months for this moment. Now, it has finally happened, and I am free of my will. I will be much less inactive now. This is what I say to you, congratulations, and keep up the good work.

(I’m not even kidding, but last night, I had a dream about a golden wolf with the title of “leader.” Looks like it was a harbinger of today!)

Welp, I was hoping to get leader first because mysz told me this:

Guess not.

9 Likes

Or you could wire the property to a checker to not use recursion. I think it induces lag.

2 Likes

Can I use this as a quote in my guide? Its about making things more efficient.

4 Likes

I’m going to change this in my guide later today

2 Likes

Ok.

2 Likes

Sure. Go for it.

2 Likes