Lasers that alternate on and off! (🟨)

I am aware that there are several posts on this. However, I have not seen anyone else do my strategy, so I am posting my own.

Other Topics

Configurable timed lasers (Difficulty: 🟩)
yellow_square
https://forum.creative.gimkit.com/t/how-to-make-a-on-off-light-saber/3870

Materials:

• Lifecycle *1
  • Wire Repeater *1
  • Repeater *2
  • Laser Beam *1
  1. Place down the Lifecycle and the wire repeater. Set the Wire Repeater delay to 5 seconds. Wire the together: Event occurs → Repeat the wire pulse

2. Place down both repeaters, each one with the following settings (they are identical)

3. Wire the lifecycle to one repeater: Event occurs → Start Repeater

4. Wire the wire repeater to the other repeater: Receives pulse → Start Repeater

5. Add a laser.

6. Wire both repeaters to the laser, one turning the laser off and the other on.

That’s it! I hope this is helpful in your maps.

29 Likes

oooooh
that is smart

3 Likes

I tried this before I was on the forums and saw the version that uses one repeater, but I’ve heard that one’s buggy. While this one takes a bit more memory, I’ve never seen it glitch.

5 Likes

BTW I know there isn’t many pictures, that’s for two reasons:

1. I was lazy
  2. I didn’t feel like they were necessary
5 Likes

Nice guide!

3 Likes

Nice, I’ll use this in my map!

4 Likes

Thanks! i figured this may be helpful, as I have heard complaints about the other version.

5 Likes

Great guide @Dragontamer!

3 Likes

Note: don’t try to set the wire repeater to 2.5
It takes it to:
(I think)

4 Likes

Hey, @Im_Pretty_Cool, I said this to Kyro, but I would appreciate if you didn’t edit or add tags to my guides. Thanks!

3 Likes

Very nice guide! It very help my map

3 Likes

Bump.

3 Likes

Bumpiest ride in the world…

2 Likes

Bumps into guide then bumps it to first place in race…

1 Like

Can I wire this to multiple lasers?

1 Like

Yes, you can. Just set all of the lasers to one group and then place down a laserbeam manager device.

3 Likes

does this mean it works like ________on —> ________off—>________on—>________off
________on —> ________off—>________on—>________off = lasers turning on then off then the other turning on and off and so on

1 Like

what im saying is, i want it to turn on and off in order

1 Like

If you want another laser to alternate with this one, copy and paste the same system but use the opposite wire settings. So for instance, if the laser was active on game start, I would make it inactive on game start. Then if it was set to deactivate, I would set the new laser to activate.

3 Likes

Here’s a reusable bump!

1 Like