How to make an in-game chat system (Now with photos!) (WIP)

Intro

Hi guys. I am making another guide as 6 of you wanted one with photos. Sorry I wasn’t able to create a guide on this earlier with photos.
This is how it looks:

Please refer to this guide:

How to make an in-game chat system Difficulty: :orange_square:

Today I am going to teach you how to make a predetermined in-game chat system. This guide was created because for some people, @Dayy ’s guide didn’t work or they wanted something similar or more noticeable. This time, I will make it easier to understand. Also, I am going to add an optional bonus at the end.

This bonus is from @Dayy ‘s guide:

In-game Chat System: A guide by Dayy (Difficulty::orange_square:)

Now let’s get started.

Sections

Chat Button

For the chat, you obviously need something to open the chat. So, you need a game overlay. Set the overlay to button, add the title of the button. In this case, it would be chat. This is how it should look:

The Messages

First, let us create the messages themselves. Think of messages for your map. I used:

1. I’m here.

2. Hi!

3. No!!!

4. Yes!!!

Next, make popups with settings like this for each of your messages:

The Notifications Themselves

Now it is time for the main compartment of this topic. The one we’ve all been waiting for: The Notifications. First, set the notification settings in the All Options tab to look like this:

The Coding

So, you have come to the hardest stage to understand. Here it is!
For coding, we have the main coding, and the bonus.

The Main Coding

For the main coding, we will code the notification to send a customized notification.
To do the coding, you click on the device you want to code, and on the top left corner, there is an option called blocks. Click that, and On Wire Pulse, which might show up after the wires are done. (though some devices don’t have the option to code at all.) This is how your code should look:

This code only works for the notifications device.

The Bonus

This bonus is from this guide:
In-game Chat System: A guide by Dayy (Difficulty::orange_square:)
You can add the activity feed, basically like how you can see the Roblox chat feed. Just a little more coding. Let’s get into it.
In the popups for all the messages, put this code and configure it for each message. I suggest you include a space and a : or colon to show who is chatting.

Difficulty:
  • 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10
  • 11/10 :skull_and_crossbones:
0 voters
13 Likes

Nice job so far!

2 Likes

kool

3 Likes

What device is for the last one

1 Like

notification i think

3 Likes

This is nice!

this is in progress. I just got back from a 2 week trip away from wifi

4 Likes

I remember I did something like this but it was among us quickchat with every thing from the game. It took up 11 memory. :skull:
But nice guide so far!

thanks! Can you tell us more about your chat?
I might make a guide on all the different types of chat

3 Likes

Same thing as yours. I deleted it because it took up too much memory in my game.

2 Likes

because of the many things in your chat?

3 Likes

Am I allowed to add a link so you guys can host a world where i did the chat, like a publish link?

2 Likes

It isn’t really a code

1 Like

no.

k thx

2 Likes

Where is Notification block btw

is it supposed to look like this?

Screenshot 2023-11-27 3.46.53 PM

1 Like

can u email me a code? the guide isn’t complete yet

2 Likes

You can use wix for codes instead of email: Wix
Thats where you can share codes and stuff with people. Also most people rather not use email.

1 Like

are you on the code sharing wix?