How to make regenerating health đźź©; CHECK REPLY 38 WHEN USING THIS GUIDE

This is a guide to making regenerating health. It can be useful for games with pvp/pve mechanics.

First, place down a repeater. Select how often you want the player to regenerate health by inputting a number in “Task Interval.” Also, set “Stop Strategy” to “After receiving on channel.” This will keep the regenerating from stopping.

Next, place a lifecycle. By default, the event should be set to “Game Start.”

Then, place a health granter. It should be set to grant health by default. Set how much health you want to regenerate in “Amount.”

Finally, connect the life cycle to the repeater and the repeater to the health granter. Make sure the repeater’s setting for the first wire is “Start repeater.”

You’re all set! I hope this guide was helpful.

26 Likes

Ah, my first guide, lost in the influx of hatchings arriving to the glory that is gimkit.

Anyways, bumpity bump

11 Likes

Hey, this is great! It is so simple, that I already can think of like five different variations on this for different types of games! Nice job!

4 Likes

this was awesome! surprised no one bumped this, i never would have seen this if you didn’t bump it after 28 days

3 Likes

Yeah lol, a lot of guides made in the early days got lost, and are only now being discovered. Anyway, great guide!

4 Likes

You could also use a wire repeater clock, it works just as well (it just can’t be turned off), or a trigger clock (On trigger, send broadcast channel, delay 1 seconds, trigger on said broadcasted channel, this one can be deactivated), and they won’t cut down on your repeater limit.

5 Likes

Nice guide! Bump!

3 Likes

When you do receiving on a channel for the repeater will it actually never stop if it does’t receive a channel?

3 Likes

Essentially, yes.

3 Likes

What!!! for my on and off lasers the lasers eventually stopped going on and off but now they won’t. thanks!! :grinning: :grinning: :grin:

5 Likes

Again navy, it got lost into the hatchings.

E

2 Likes

What is the point of game-design and game-mechanics?

3 Likes

I don’t think we should have game-mechanics since that can apply to literally almost any guide here lol. Game design is for decorating.

5 Likes

Yeah, because anything with devices is game-mechanics, but is just game-recreation is just art. Why can’t we settle on one tag?

3 Likes

I want to get rid of game-mechanics and game-recreation since they apply to too much guides and are very broad. Should I?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
5 Likes

I think we need to specify when they can or should be used.
Example: my chat system would go under game-mechanics.

1 Like

But either they use devices (mechanics), or they don’t (art). Guides are meant for people to interpret their own way.

2 Likes

game design isnt just art

2 Likes

I know there’s a difference, but they can be tagged the same.

2 Likes

game design gameplay works, character abilities, strategies, level designs, game progression, storylines, difficulty scaling, and more, art is just art lol

2 Likes