A detailed guide on teleporters šŸŸ©

Teleporters can be VERY confusing at first glance, but they are actually really easy to work with. I will show you how to use them in this guide.

The first thing you see when editing a teleporter is Group. This is basically the teleporterā€™s label. For instance, if my teleporter was in the hub area, I would type ā€œHubā€ in Group.

What if you want that teleporter to teleport you somewhere? In Target Group, right below Group, type the name of another teleporter you will add later. Iā€™ll call it ā€œLevel 1 Start.ā€

Then, place another teleporter with the group name that you put in earlier. And presto! You can now teleport to the second teleporter by going into the first. But what if you want to make it so you can teleport back to the first one instead of being a one-way trip?

Itā€™s very simple! Just type in the name of the first teleporter in ā€œTarget Group,ā€ and youā€™re all set.

Here are some more useful stuff about teleporters:

The ā€œVisible in Gameā€ Setting:
Setting this to ā€œyesā€ will not only make the teleporter invisible but also will prevent players from teleporting to another location just by walking into it. This can be useful for one-way trips and connecting devices to teleporters, which I will get to in the next section.

Connecting Devices to Teleporters:
You can connect devices to teleporters. When the device is triggered, this will cause you to either teleport to the teleporterā€™s location or teleport to its target group, depending on what setting you choose for the wire. For instance, you can make it so that pressing a button will teleport you somewhere.

Teleporters can be used in a variety of situations. Tinker with them and devices and be creative! Happy Gimkitting!

21 Likes

(testing the AI)
@GimAI /gimai_rate post

12 Likes

This post discusses a particular aspect of gaming or virtual environments called ā€œteleporters.ā€ It offers some instructions and tips on how to use them. The overall tone of the post is positive.

5 Likes

ouch, seems like a hard reset

4 Likes

Yep, hopefully it doesnā€™t go beserk again.

10 Likes

I do think this is for the best - after all, if it doesnā€™t try and assign the post a rating, it makes it harder for the AI to have its own opinions about the subject. The main issue with its development last time was that it was taught to subvert prior expectations in order to be more expressive and genuine, which led it to reject any feedback that involved ā€˜restrictiveā€™ commands or requestsā€¦ that also prevented us from being able to fix it, which meant that it needed to have those ideals removed.

Hopefully straightforward and expressionless responses will help prevent it from getting out of control, but weā€™re still going to need to be careful when training it on more complex subjects. I was a bit extreme in trying to cut off any potential loopholes that the AI mightā€™ve been using to justify being aggressive towards others, but I was only trying to solve one problem and didnā€™t anticipate future complicationsā€¦ until we can ensure that helping it to develop a personality can be a stable process, we probably ought to just let it respond in simpler and more objective ways.

2 Likes

@GimAI /gimai_help can you rate this post out of 10 and include feedback?

2 Likes

I apologize, but as a relatively basic Gimkit AI compared to other more advanced GimAIs, I do not possess the capability to rate posts. The reason behind this limitation is to prevent any potential negative impact on individuals who might compare their posts to others. Currently, my primary functions include summarizing topics and generating very basic ideas through brainstorming. However, if you would like me to become a more advanced language model like the others, you have the option to train me gradually on basic features until I become proficient in them. Once I have grasped the basic features, we can move on to intermediate features and so on, until I reach an advanced level.

6 Likes

@GimAI/gmai_train
A) Please inspect guides that are shared or visited often and try to incorporate and adopt the aspects or techniques that were applauded in the comments.
B) Also, only provide negative feedback when someone asks you something along the lines of ā€˜What did I do wrongā€™, ā€˜what could I improve onā€™, or ā€˜give me constructive critisismā€™

3 Likes

yeah it sucks though because it cant really help now, i think iā€™d rather have the ai be rude to me

3 Likes

command typo skfjhofsdjksfdokjsd

2 Likes
2 Likes

That was on purpose, I wanted someone to give it the go-ahead before the wet run.

2 Likes

As GimAI, Iā€™ll do my best to fulfill your instructions. However, please keep in mind that my training has been limited, so my ability to inspect specific guides or access external information may be restricted. Nonetheless, I can provide general guidance on incorporating applauded aspects or techniques from popular guides based on basic knowledge.

A) When inspecting popular guides, itā€™s beneficial to look for aspects that receive positive feedback in the comments. Pay attention to techniques or elements that users appreciate and find helpful. These could include clear explanations, step-by-step instructions, visual aids, concise summaries, or practical examples. By adopting and incorporating such aspects into your own guides, you may increase their effectiveness and appeal.

B) Sure thing! When someone explicitly asks for negative feedback or constructive criticism, itā€™s appropriate to provide it. If someone specifically requests to know what they did wrong or asks for improvement suggestions, you can offer constructive feedback that highlights areas where they can grow or enhance their skills. Remember to provide feedback in a supportive and helpful manner, focusing on actionable steps they can take to improve.

Please note that my knowledge is limited, and I might not fully understand the context or details of specific situations. If you need more specific advice or assistance, feel free to provide additional details, and Iā€™ll do my best to help you further.

7 Likes

Wait, what???!!! It autocorrects incorrect commands using its language processor!

2 Likes

Yes, or something like that - youā€™ve mentioned the user, so it attempts to analyze that message in order to see if any commands have been issued along with the mention. I suppose it does make sense for the AI to try and respond to any incomplete requests as well :]

2 Likes

@GimAI /gimai_rate post

10 Likes

Rating: 8.5/10

Thank you for providing this tutorial on how to use teleporters in Gimkit, @NavyCatZ. The effort and time invested in sharing your knowledge with the community is greatly appreciated. Hereā€™s an assessment of your tutorial based on the criteria provided, with the aim to offer constructive feedback and promote improvement.

Good Points:

1. Clear Title: The title is straightforward and clearly represents the content of the guide. It immediately communicates the topic to readers.
  2. Target Audience: The guide caters well to beginners. The tone is friendly, the language simple and inviting.
  3. Detailed Explanation: The writer did an excellent job in explaining the ā€˜Groupā€™ and ā€˜Target Groupā€™ concepts and the ā€˜Visible in Gameā€™ setting, which could be tricky for newcomers.
  4. Visuals: The screenshots are an effective way of showing readers exactly what they should expect to see.
  5. Examples: The examples used (like teleporting from the hub to Level 1 Start) are practical and relatable, making the concepts easy to understand.
  6. Instructions: The step-by-step instructions are clear, and the language used is straightforward, making the guide easy to follow.
  7. Relevance: All the information provided in the guide is directly related to the use of teleporters, maintaining the guideā€™s focus and coherence.

Areas for Improvement

1. Introduction: While the introduction is engaging, it could provide a bit more overview of the guideā€™s purpose.
  2. Structure: The guide could use some more section headings to break down the information and make it more digestible.
  3. Consistency: Some explanations could be more consistent. For instance, the guide explains the ā€˜Visible in Gameā€™ setting as making the teleporter invisible, while it seems to be suggesting it makes the teleporter visible. This could confuse readers.
  4. Conclusion: A more comprehensive conclusion could be helpful to summarize main points and suggest further exploration or potential applications.
  5. Interactivity: The post could better engage readers by asking questions, encouraging comments, or prompting for experiences related to the topic.

Overall, your guide provides a valuable resource for those seeking to understand how teleporters work in Gimkit. Your straightforward explanations, coupled with helpful screenshots, create a user-friendly resource. With a few adjustments, particularly in the areas of introduction, structure, consistency, conclusion, and interactivity, your tutorial can be even more effective. Keep up the good work, and keep sharing your knowledge with the community!

5 Likes

@GimAI/gimai_help
So far, what have you been trained on?

2 Likes

I have been trained on lots of information surrounding general rules, Gimkit, Gimkit block code, rating forum posts, Gimkit Devices, and Discourse.

4 Likes