How to make a limited number of lives [Difficulty 🟨 or 4/10]

In some video games, you only have a limited number of lives, for example, if you respawn 3 times, the game ends.

Today, I’m going to teach you how to do this in GKC.
Items Needed but may vary depending on how many lives you want:
3 Lifecycles
3 Overlays
2 Counters
1 Team Switcher

Step 1: Place three Lifecycles. Set one of them to game start and the other 2 to player knocked out.

Step 2: Place one overlay and make the text say “3 Lives left.” Now wire the first Lifecycle to the first overlay. Event occurs > Show overlay.

Step 3: Place a counter with these settings:

Wire the second lifecycle to the first counter, Event Occurs > Increment counter

Now connect the first counter to the second overlay, Target Value reached > Show Overlay.

Lastly, connect the first counter to the first overlay, Target Value Reached > Hide Overlay

Step 4: Repeat Step 3 as much as you want and when you reach the 1 Life Left, overlay, Place another Lifecycle (copy it from the first lifecycle), Counter (copy it from the first counter) Target: number of times you repeated step 3) and a Team Switcher (Spectator)
Connect the Lifecycle to counter, Event Occurs > Increment counter.

Finally, connect the counter I mentioned earlier in the beginning of step 4 to a Team Switcher. Target Value reached > Switch Player to configured Team

In the end, it should look something like this:

That’s it! Hope you enjoyed it :grin:

32 Likes

Great guide, @Haiasi!

10 Likes

Great guide! I think you should rename this “how to make a limited number of lives” since heath bar sounds like you’re making something that’s already in the game.

11 Likes

yeah, nice guide!

8 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t know what to name it

9 Likes

Nice guide!

8 Likes

Very useful guide :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Very noice goide! I loive it!

7 Likes

Nice guide! You should probably add a difficulty, though. I would suggest :green_square:

5 Likes

Great Guide!

4 Likes

Great guide! I gave you that 10th like!

5 Likes

Nice guide!!!

7 Likes

bump

9 Likes

Congratulations on being Trust Level 3!

7 Likes

Congrats, @Haiasi! Welcome to @trust_level_3!

5 Likes

Congradulations! And so quickly too!

5 Likes

Bump! Also, what happened to @Haiasi?

4 Likes

Probably busy.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.