Gimkit's Quantum Mechanics: Help Needed

Have you heard of technical Gimkit? If not, let me introduce you. Basically, it’s a field of Gimkit where the sole purpose is to break down the game more and more. Before you get scared, don’t worry, no coding is required. Technical Gimkit is all purely in Gimkit.

So, what’s the point of this post? Well, really just to invite you guys in, and ask if you have anything you want to learn about. Have you observed any strange mechanics that seem off? Anything a little bit wonky, malfunctioning that should be? If so, this is the right place.

For example, let me introduce you to double-chaining. When two triggers are looped together (one triggers the other triggers the first one) with wires and channels simultaneously, they will no longer activate. However, if you run these at the same as another trigger loop that is chained with JUST channels, they will run differently. Same thing with JUST wire loops. It’s fascinating stuff, though admittedly not very useful right now.

I’m looking for things like that, not just random bugs. Also, I feel that the clay-institute tag is warranted (this is an incredibly new and undiscovered field of strange things that do not align with typical Gimkit rules), but I can remove it if you guys disagree.

Thanks!

TL;DR: I’m looking for people to help me find strange obscure mechanics, so if you find any, let me know.

If you are looking to get into technical gimkit, check out Blackhole’s guide on Advanced Update Order, the most basic technical concept and the one that started it all.

list of qmechs

doublechaining
auo
conc recursion
conc tasks
counter recursion

33 Likes

I’m no help in this, but it’s really interesting!

8 Likes

Yes, I agree!

9 Likes

Can we experiment with stuff that gets triggered on the same wire tick? And tye same thing but a channel and wire tick?

5 Likes

The problem with simultaneous activation is that it’s not actually simultaneous. AUO gets in the way there.

5 Likes

This is not my area of experteise, but I can try to help.

5 Likes

What about the inherent half second of lag every zone has before it does an action?

3 Likes

I think that that’s due to ticks. Anyways. I have a platformer, and I need the zone to see if the player is in the zone and teleport the player back. I’ve tried speed 4, but that glitches them out of the barrier, so I’ve had to go down to speed 1. But the player still doesn’t teleport back all the time when holding d or a.

5 Likes

I thought I invented technical gimkit? lol

9 Likes

kinda
this is different ig
the thing i’m talking about is less code based, but i guess you did AUO.
I’ll remove it lol

3 Likes

That should just be lag.

4 Likes

Why does the laser broadcast instantly then?

3 Likes

What do you mean?

3 Likes

A laser will deactivate a barrier immediately upon contact, while a zone takes half a second to broadcast anything. This is how the WR on GK8 is 15 seconds, you can instantly deactivate the barrier, but it won’t activate until enough time has passed for you to leave the zone.

3 Likes

I don’t know what GK8 is lol

I’ll check that out though, that sounds weird.

4 Likes

Ok, yeah, checked it out. That seems to be an issue with the zone hitbox more than anything else. It’s smaller than it seems, and the player hitbox needs to overlap it more than a laser, it looks like.

6 Likes

Shouldn’t this be in Devices because it’s more like a mechanic-brainstorming thing?

3 Likes

Sure! I’ll change it.

3 Likes

Thought I was an expert at gimkit creative.

5 Likes

Well, you’re pretty new, so you still have some learning to do! Anyway, welcome to the forum!

4 Likes