How To Make A Loop With Block Code!

Please Never Use Repeaters (and a guide on looping)

um actually :nerd_face: :point_up:

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhh my bad. But this is for situations when repeaters don’t work. If a property needs to be updated every time the repeater sends a signal, it uses the 300 memory of a repeater AND the 500 memory of a block. So it’s more memory

why not just use trigger loops

1 Like

That’s basically what this is, just with more steps. It’s supposed to be like loops you use in coding languages like Javascript or Python

Hasn’t this already been done?

1 Like

first off adjusts glasses with an obnoxious snort this only works with a 1 second delay as anything below gimkit can’t handle because it is receiving too many channels.

second off, ten times the efficiency is heavily overexaggerated

1 Like

Apparently… I didn’t see it when making the post

1 Like

It’s a good guide nonetheless…

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

oh my god read before you post

I was JUST deleting that.
Don’t throw an immature tantrum when someone makes a mistake.

2 Likes

let’s not argue here.
unless you want to get the topic closed of course.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

i can’t see whether your about to delete something or not its just that’s like the third time today

Delays of triggers can go below 1 second…

2 Likes

guys, just save it. chub has been creating mini drama in other topics too so just ignore, just ignore…

Gimkit supports 300 channel triggerings a second at max, so you can actually iterate with an incredibly low delay, much less than 1 second. You can get away with like 0.01 delay, where you’re literally iterating a hundred times a second.

In terms of memory, 10 times the efficiency is actually exactly correct. A repeater is 400 memory, while a trigger is 40. 400/40 = 10.

I would advise you do some research and in-game testing before making these claims.

11 Likes

here comes shdwy!

name the poem: it grows. splits heads in the worst kind of way. can’t be saved for another day. pain. all i can think about. it hurts. cracks minds in the worst kind of way. and there it lays.

1 Like

It comes down to the fact that chub is spreading misinformation that is actively harmful to creators, which is something to take seriously. Hence why we want to make sure everyone understands repeaters are worse compared to triggers.

4 Likes

There is a difference between drama and correcting someone