Gimkit's Quantum Mechanics: Help Needed

I know some stuff about gimkit. I can code pretty well. Made a cafe, and an arena. But I probably do have lots to learn.

4 Likes

@cr1sis Welcome to the forum! Checkout beginner-must-read if you haven’t yet!

4 Likes

If you want to start learning about technical gimkit, I would recommend starting here: Advanced Update Order | Difficulty: 🟪

5 Likes

AUO is kinda the baseline for technical gimkit. It ties in to a lot of other concepts, purely because it’s so important.

(I’ll add to page and also bump :D)

5 Likes

How does scope play into AUO? Like who’ll get a notif first from a relay?

3 Likes

Interesting…

How would we measure that though?

3 Likes

Place a relay and a notif. Track who enter la the game in what order.

4 Likes

bumping this because more people should see this and also I need ideaaaaas

3 Likes

this is cool, I’ll be on the lookout

3 Likes

You could make something with their name, to track the auo
so something like
set text (join(text,playername)

3 Likes

Player IDs also do that.

3 Likes

just noting that multi-relay interactions are now considered quantum mechanics cus why not

3 Likes

I don’t know how I feel about one of the oldest open questions being lumped into this thing.

2 Likes

It isn’t. Quantum mechanics are what happen sub-tick, and multi-relays don’t really fulfill the original intent or the definition of the field.

2 Likes

They do, though. They occur subtick (effectively instant channel resolving), they fulfill the intent of quirky but important mechanics of gimkit, and I literally made quantum mechanics up so I can kinda define it, right?

2 Likes

What do you mean? I’m not trying to offend anyone, so I can remove it if that’s rude or assuming of me

3 Likes

You’re not wrong, but they happen in a specific order. Nothing cancels out, and there really isn’t anything weird about it.

2 Likes

What do you mean nothing cancels out?

(Quantum mechanics isn’t all about concurrent operations lol)

2 Likes

Like when the c-chain and w-chain cancels the c-chain out. Also, relay interactions doesn’t feel like quantum mechanics since its more of not quirky, but defined, and it makes a lot of sense.

2 Likes

yeah, that’s a specific example of quantum mechanics interacting, not really THE example of quantum mechanics. More of a specific thing, very few quantum mechanics will involve things like that.
I’m not going to list other examples here, but there are already other ones.
(auo doesn’t have cancellation, and thats basically the textbook example of quantum mechanics)

Quantum mechs really are just interactions/behaviors within the tick, and this completely falls into that category.

2 Likes