Gimkit's Quantum Mechanics: Help Needed

Just like a pumpkin man that has a strange obsession with popeyes I observe everyday online, I cannot read, so can you please tell me what some examples of quantum mechanics are?

2 Likes

The most well-known example is Advanced Update Order (AUO). If you aren’t aware of what that is, it’s basically the prevalence of devices/wires in a single tick, or the order of devices on a single signal.
Another example is concurrent chaining, where running chains looped with wires and chains looped with channels leads to some weird stuff. (seems to be a total recursion limit per tick, rather than per chain)

It’s still a bit loosely defined, but anything sub-tick is currently considered to be quantum mechanics.

(peppy reference???)

4 Likes

Uh…
guys?

Recursion is weird now.

I think there’s been an update or something, but things aren’t working the same anymore…

Wait…
WHAT IS GOING ON

When i end the game, I keep respawning where I ended the game, instead of the spawn pads…

nevermind its working now for some reason

the respawn thing is still true though

4 Likes

weird

2 Likes

I’ve noticed the respawn thing.

2 Likes

OK, that is happening to me too, but I kinda love it because on my Among Us map the Pre-Game ship is very far away from the Skeld and I just start the game and then end it.

3 Likes

Its probably to make debugging easier.

2 Likes

Ok, found a new quantum mechanic! When you have a large number of single-system triggers that have minimum delay, all with the same system channels, pressing one will result in all of them pressing, but only for a second.

10 of these: (trigger that sends and recieves on ‘check’, .01 delay)

3 Likes

Let’s goooooooo

2 Likes

???

2 Likes

So they all receive AND broadcast on the same channel? If so, that might just be the animation.

1 Like

it didn’t cause lag, and they all had delay, so I doubt it. I’ll investigate further though, that’s a good point

WOAH
NOPE
ITS RECURSION
ALL FIRED AT ONCE AND RAN 300 TIMES TOTAL

ok, so after some investigation i found this:
at least 2 triggers with the same channel in both slots and any delay under .1 run, depending on delay they will either start slow and ramp up until they hit 300, or just instantly hit 300. WHAT THE ACTUAL

4 Likes

Ok, using some very interesting AUO combined with sub-tick update rate stuff, I have designed a psuedo-teaming device that the player cannot detect. It still grants items, but the player cannot see them in the inventory. My question is, how would you implement this?

For those wanting more technical details, it runs three devices all in the same tick: +1 bait, check for bait, -1 bait. Uses continuous recursive trigger so teams can be checked every .015 seconds.

1 Like

Just found a new quantum recursion technique: block-property recursion. A blocked device triggers when a property is changed, and changes that property by one. The property increments by 350. WE GOT A HIGHER RECURSION CAP LESGOOO

Also, I realized a potential use for recursion: high amounts of functions running at the same time.

3 Likes

This sounds pretty cool. You could get some pretty complex things going with this! It probably would make a lot of lag though…

Can you explain double chaining again?

Yep. Double chaining is running multiple chains at once. So if you have a system set to c-chain with 2 nodes and a 3 node c chain system (both triggers) then weird things happen with recursion.

bump. ig

1 Like

Probably not important, but lasers and zones have an invisible cooldown it seems. Noticed this when designing the controls for my platformer.

4 Likes

Interesting. I’ve seen the same thing with teleporters (I think its .5 seconds). Do you know the zone/laser cooldown?