Do You Want Technical Gimkit?

actually let me zoom in on it.

Yes, I understand you’re asking for help. Can you tell me what specifically you want help on?

I also can’t understand half the things you’re saying

] this is what i confused on because i not very good at it and how would i be able to get help on it.

Do you understand what quantum mechanics are?

And what about block coding do you want help on? If you’re just looking for resources to learn more, I recommend going to Scratch and trying out some of their stuff. It uses a similar system to Blockly and is actually pretty fun. I can’t just teach you how to code though.

4 Likes

i used to know block coding but it been 2 YEARS since i used scratch and block coding so i try that again.

i really don’t know what it is never heard of it can you just explain what it is?

2 Likes

Have you looked at my post on it?

3 Likes

oh no thanks for showing me.

Hey! This stuff is actually pretty cool. I’m pretty sure there must be someone here who would…

1 Like

i wish lol

2 Likes

Hey just because I don’t get it now does not mean I never will.

1 Like

An interesting direction that “Technical Gimkit” could go could be a physics engine, which, if done correctly, I’d be very interested in seeing. How could I hop in on this research project?

3 Likes

Oooh, that sounds fun.
I have no idea where to start with that, so a good way to hop on would be thinking about it at all. Of course, they plan to release the platforming engine to Creative soon, so what exactly do you mean by physics engine? 3d?

2 Likes

Not only has the forums gotten a bit less lively, there has also been a couple users that have left the forums and posts have been getting flagged like crazy and the rules have gotten a lot stricter.

1 Like

I heard somewhere that someone created a platforming engine on 2d, which means they had to build a momentum system. Now do you see where this could go?

Yeah. It’d be tricky given that your only options are either WAAAY too many teleporters, or very very limited text delays. It’s a cool thought though. (but also kinda pointless because, once again, DLD is coming to GKC)

and i think it was rithek that did that

2D physics engine would be pretty easy, you would just have to implement gravity (just calculate how much an object would have to move down) and collision which can be done by setting boundaries and if an object is at said boundaries to stop moving the object on an axis, then to implement a display which actually just shows what’s happening behind said calculations (done with trigger chains)

Upcoming Project I'm Planning

I’m going to try to recreate circuits in real life, stuff such as full adders, half adders, 4 bit adders and all that kind of stuff to be the basis of the new gim-kit age.

I’m not sure if this ties into this, but I thought of making a periodic table of devices after seeing the abandoned guide about device symbols.

2 Likes

the property system could be used

That’d be extra helpful!

It was. I tried using text and lost my mind to the blocks (that’s saying something). I probably shouldn’t have started text operations with a full-blown recursive platformer though.