On the Nature of an Inventory Item Manager

There have been some differences between item managers that have been popping up,
see Discrepancy between inventory item managers.

So, I’ve decided to do some research on these.

Take the normal inventory item manager. If you set the amount to limit the cash to, lets say, about 1000. Then it should limit the cash to 1000, right?

But let’s say we have two inventory item managers. Which one will override? Well, upon testing, the newer one with the higher limit overrides. Alright, so that is all and well, but will it work the other way around?

Well, as it turns out, when you activate the one with the lower limit, it lowers your limit and deletes all the excess cash. Conclusion-The latest inventory item manager that was activated will be the one that takes effect. But there is one final test. Can you use a manager that has no limit to override the managers that have a limit on them?
Well… it turns out that you cannot. Managers that do not have a max amount that you can hold do not override ones that limit the amount of said item. However, what you can do to essentially remove the limit is to set a new inventory item manager to a number that will never realistically be achieved in-game. Ex: 10 billion cash in a game where you make 100 on average.
TL;DR : The latest inventory item manager that has a max amount of money on them that was last activated will always override the other managers. Item managers with no max limit will not override.
I hope you enjoyed my little experiment, and like and subscribe! :slight_smile:

25 Likes

i don’t think that is possible…
anyway great guide!

5 Likes

I know it isn’t possible. I explained the joke in other guides. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

could you link them to this post?

1 Like
6 Likes

Nice guide!
You play with your camera soo zoomed out lol

1 Like

i do too, do you have a problem with that

1 Like

No, I just found it funny. I only zoom it out a little bit, not that much.

1 Like

i go all the way, mainly because monopoly is super big

1 Like

Someone could use this to make a bank fail, and then max recovery is $250,000 so if you had anything over that it lowers, then that IM is immediately overrided by another that lets you have infinite cash. Just a thought.

1 Like

You find when making large scale maps, max camera zoom is necessary

5 Likes

And then you also start feeling that it’s not enough, and that 3x speed is not enough, and when you switch to playing mode for testing, you find that it’s sooo zoomed in and sooo slow

6 Likes

YES EXACTLY duolingo bird/roblox guy

1 Like

lol

1 Like

Bump.

3 Likes

what is TL;DR? Also, nice guide!

Too long, didn’t read.

2 Likes

It’s basically a summary

1 Like

bump

2 Likes

@wingwave, have you been doing a lot of bumping lately?