Wiki Catalog for Types of Platforming Jumps

Check this when editing. Make sure to uncheck when finished:

| Introduction: Never (gonna) Give Up Platformer Gameplay |

Many games in discovery these days are platformers.
99% of them have horrible, repetitive gameplay.
Some of them are just visual, but come on, that doesn’t give the player’s ATTENTION SPAN much to work with.

Most of the jumps are just distance jumps, two props or pieces of terrain that you jump from and land on. BORING.

If you’re going to make a platformer and you want it to have the success that AoMS or Everest have, use unique jumps to make it challenging and actually fun!

| Wiki Editing Rules (taken and edited from this wiki) |

Please don’t make any of the edits violate the TOS or FAQ, remember, anyone can see who edits a wiki and what part they edit.
Please be responsible.
Everyone, please don’t edit when it is being edited.
You don’t have to ask so long as it’s appropriate and no one else is currently editing.
Add yourself to the credits if you edited it and added something.
Don’t make credits using @ since you can only do that 10 times in a post.

| Format (to be organized) |

-name of jump type-

-screenshot of jump type-
*if you do not have the season ticket just remodel it in top-down and imagine that it is platforming with gravity turned off
-description of jump type and how to beat it

| Jump Types |

-Name of Jump Type-

-screenshot of jump type-
*if you do not have the season ticket just remodel it in top-down and imagine that it is platforming with gravity turned off
-description of jump type and how to beat it

Long Jump

Screenshot 2024-09-01 5.49.21 PM

That one jump that always gets used in repetitive gameplay, but it’s possible to make it actually decent. It’s basically a jump where you jump and then you need to double jump to beat it, without any kind of really special timings.

Headhitter/Ladder Jump

Screenshot 2024-09-01 5.56.51 PM

There are many different variations of the headhitter, but the most basic one is shown in the picture. To beat it, you need to jump and go out like a ladder, then you need to double jump and land on the block above you. Another name is the ladder jump.

Variations:

Reverse Headhitter

Screenshot 2024-09-04 7.48.15 PM
Think of a reverse headhitter as a headhitter, but you’re jumping from the top to get to the bottom, because that’s what a reverse headhitter is. To do a reverse headhitter, you need to fall down until you’re almost too far down, then you have to use your double jump to get to the platform below.

Extended Headhitter

Screenshot 2024-09-04 8.09.55 PM
This is a jump that makes an ordinary headhitter harder. To make an extended ladder jump, just make an ordinary headhitter and extend the upper part a bit. To beat it, just walk off the lower platform until you can make the jump, then double jump onto the upper platformer.

Drop-Jump

Screenshot 2024-09-01 6.02.01 PM
Basically, this is a long jump but
A. Shortened, and
B. Adds a wall that blocks doing a long jump via normal methods.
To beat this jump, you need to walk off the starting platform, keep walking until you’re past the wall, then you need to use your double jump to get back onto the end platform.

(Also called overhang jumps [by only unavailible :skull:])

Slope Jumps & Advanced Slope Jumps

Welcome!

One of the hardest jump technique (or maybe not) in GKC, it is actually a glitch where you jump on the tilted platform (like barrier, as shown in the picture) and manage to restore your double jumps when you jump to the other side.
so, here is the way to accomplish a slope jump:
First, you have to jump on the tilted barrier/prop, make sure to actually “stick” to it so you can then do the next step flawlessly.

Nice job!

the next step, stop for a tiny bit, and jump to the other side, then quickly jump back again
as it shown in the picture, the key movements should be:
(Right + Up → Delay → Left + Up → Right + Up/Right + Up 2 times)
You can even do a double jump when you are jumping back, depends on the situations.

Great!

now, what you have to do, is to repeat the process, sometimes you might encounter the jumps with a very long slope platform, like the below one have shown-

You are all set!

Once you mastered Slope Jumps, you can add different obstacles in your game! just remember to set the slope platform to the right angle so the player could actually slope jumping instead of…
Fall
2024-09-01 9.53.13
2024-09-01 9.54.26
Thank you for reading! hopefully I did a fine job on explaining Slope Jump and not trying to advertising. You are ABSOLUTELY welcome to edit my section if there are additional details or suggestions, thanks to Fluffy for making this wiki guide as well!
By NotYoyo

Variations:

45 - Degree Slope

Welcome to THE jankiest thing in GKCP.
I think that this is less of a jump, and more in the category of lasers and barriers.
Screenshot 2024-09-10 5.31.13 PM Ignore the lasers.
The 45 - degree slope has very odd properties, such as:

• Instantly going to terminal velocity when falling off.
  • Having weird Slope Jump physics.
  • Not being able to go up the slope but being able to stand on it if you land on it.

And that’s just naming a few. To get a sense of how garbage the physics of the 45 - degree slope are, go test it yourself. Doing a Slope Jump is mostly the same on a 45 - degree slope, though.

Prop Jumps & Variations
Close Point Headhitter

Screenshot 2024-09-10 08.19.06
How to complete this one:
It’s placed higher than normal, so you can’t jump on top. You have to land on the close points at the bottom. There’s also one where you have to drop from a close point to land on another one! Like this.
Screenshot 2024-09-10 08.27.11
Hope you liked what you saw!

Credits

VoidFluffy
Unavailible
NotYoyo
Build-pleasse
Tropicool
NoNoWahoo

Feel free to start on this, I won’t be online much for the start of high school (eep)

Disclaimer: I am aware that ideally, this could be added to the TUG for platforming, but this might just get lost in the other stuff and not be acknowledged by people this would actually be helpful to- people who know how to make platformers but don’t know how to make them good.
Also, character limit could cut this list off short if put into the TUG.

If this shouldn’t have been posted or something, let me know and I’ll make sure it gets taken down, but only if people absolutely know that this should not be posted/should just be in the TUG.

Thank you!

15 Likes

oh cool

i would not have thought about that

2 Likes

This is going to be extremely helpful for platformers, good idea!

and good luck for high school, too! (though I can’t say much, not there yet)

1 Like

its not a wiki post

2 Likes

Not a wiki :skull:

2 Likes

oops
uh
mb
we don’t talk about that

it is now

5 Likes

cool
delay jumps, slope jumps, headhitters, I am gonna go nuts

1 Like

Wow, absolutely great idea!
Good luck on high school as well

AP courses are just living hells imao :skull:

I finished mine
7 Likes

Nice Wiki!

Nice, can I add a couple of platforming jump types?

of course! just make sure to check and uncheck the box when finished.

1 Like

Any suggestions for Slope Jump?
what a peaceful night

1 Like

Get 2 slopes, and make a gap between them, then put a laser.

1 Like

I just have to say, you did a great job on the slope jump portion!

3 Likes

Darn. I would add to this, but I don’t have the season ticket :confused:

3 Likes

Then just map it on top-down and pretend it’s platformer with zero gravity :moyai:

Interesting guide tho it may be inaccessible for other people because they don’t have the season pass.

1 Like

Yes i actually saw someone who made that on top down map

lol
I don’t have season ticket either, I just put a black barrier on the background and bang
thanks for the ideas and compliments!

Typo

3 Likes

Ooh cool wiki

how did I miss this

NVM there is no wiki tag, I thought there was one :frowning: (thanks unavailable for changing ur check list thingy)

wait maybe I’m just

I think I’m seeing things or something, I don’t know at this point

1 Like