What should our next device be?

Hey everybody! Josh here from Gimkit!

I’m curious, if you could decide which device to add to Gimkit Creative next, what would it be?

• Damage Modifier Device (allow player to deal more/less damage)
  • Crafting Table Device (for crafting/farming)
  • Sound Effect Device (play pre-approved sound effects)
0 voters

I hope that we’re able to add all of these devices at some point, but which one is your top pick?

64 Likes

I would just like to say, thank you so much for coming here to hear our suggestions! The work you do is amazing! Keep it up!

Personally, I chose the damage modifier since I’ve seen people ask for custom weapons. Sounds feel minor unless you can string together different pitches to create music. As for the crafting, we already have guides for that, just not the menu yet. If I could vote two items I would vote for that too.

26 Likes

Thank you so much @josh for asking for our opinion! I would personally have a crafting table as the next device to answer the poll, because custom sounds seem more like icing on the cake than the other two, and I don’t know how custom damage would work.

If you were asking about ANY device however, I would instantly go with a coordinate system. It might be more niche than the three options presented, but it would allow for stationary projectiles to be made easier.

25 Likes

I love the idea of a damage modifier because the current state of having to use lasers is kind of broken

11 Likes

Thanks for this poll! Personally, I voted for the Sound Effect Device (games are lifeless without sounds!).

13 Likes

DAMAGE MODIFIER!!! If it can deal damage to any player upon receiving a pulse, that is good. If it can alter the damage of a weapon, that is even better!
Nice to see you on the community for our opinion though @josh !

12 Likes

Why can’t we have the Crafting Table. It was on the list for what you guys were going to do :frowning:

7 Likes

YES. Need this functionality.

7 Likes

yoooooooo this will be crazy

11 Likes

wait, so the damage modifier just changes the multiplier of damage, you cant actually damage the players directly with it tho, right? @josh (sorry for @)

10 Likes

I would love the crafting table, makes more space for other devices and more room for vending machines :grinning:

8 Likes

I don’t think so. It just modifies player damage I think.

7 Likes

Even that would be pretty good for certain games though…
however, if the crafting table interface is like a 9 button popup, that would be pretty good as well.

4 Likes

when you say pre-approved, do you mean that we submit sounds for mods to decide if it’s allowed or is it just a list of pre-made sound effects?

8 Likes

Thank you so much @josh for taking our opinions into thought!

6 Likes

Pre-made.

7 Likes

What if we had crafting AND damage modifier?

11 Likes

Yeah, this device would be just for modifying the damage a player can do. A device that just does damage would be neat though!

Could make some fun games perhaps where you lose 1 health per second or something. :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Hopefully we’ll have both as Josh said, but I would rather have the dmg modifier first.

10 Likes

Yeah that’s what I think should happen

5 Likes