[📜] The Ultimate Guide on Psuedo-Things! [WIP]

The prefix ‘Pseudo’ means fake. Whether it’s pseudo -properties or pseudo -teams, it’s really just trying to be something it’s not. Now, computers are associated with a lot of ‘pseudos’ (Pseudorandom, etc.) and will frequently let them fly undetected under the radar! Exploiting this inherent ‘flaw’ we can trick the computer into thinking something is what it is not, even in Gimkit Creative by using items, people, and places to assign classes, values, and properties.

No one is editing.

Please replace the “No one” is editing part with your username. After you’re done, replace your username with “No one”.

Classical Pseudo-Teaming

This will often be referred to as CPT or just pseudo-teaming.

Numerical Teaming

This will often be referred to as NPT (Numerical Pseudo-Teaming). Numerical teaming is using the amount of an item to make teams. This make is much easier to detect the player’s pseudo team number and change teams. However, this is more susceptible to the player dropping items. That could be fixed by using property teaming, which instead of items, just uses player-scoped properties. - getrithekd

Reverse Pseudo-Teaming

This will be referred to as RPT (Reverse Pseudo-Teaming). This is really a method for determining who has the most of an item. This is sometimes used for NPT, but it will stay in this tug until there is a better name for it. - @getrithekd

Pseudo Properties

The theory of this is not to use properties to store the data, but to use other methods, like counters and item amounts. Here is a good way to think about it:

Say we have two languages: English and Martian. The system speaks English but not Martian. We can put anything in Martian as long as we can convert it back to English. We have limited supplies of English for whatever reason. (Maybe its like 12000 and Earth died, and there’s only 128 English speakers now?) Anyways, we can put anything in Martian, but if we can’t translate it to English, its useless. To lighten the strain on the English speakers, we translate a bunch of stuff into Martian. But now we have to have a way to convert it back. In the cases of the counter and item manager, it does that for us. But for triggers, we have to get more creative: gimkit creative. - @getrithekd

Counter-Properties

This will be referred to as PCP (Pseudo-Counter-Properties). This uses the

Item-Properties

This will be referred to as PIP (Pseudo-Item Properties).

Other

Open Concepts of Psuedo Things To Edit

Classical Teaming: ClicClac
Numerical Teaming: getrithekd
Reverse Pseudo-Teaming (under Numerical Pseudo-Teaming):
Property Teaming (No Guide Made):
Counter-Properties:
Item-Properties:

User Assignments

Talk here!
wer runnin out of guns in merica

10 Likes

I don’t think that’s a wiki…

Yeah! It’s not a wiki. @ClicClac, might want to change that!

“Important Text”[}{]

Where the wiki at?
I’ll also do Other, Wiki editing rules, other stuff, maybe.

It’s a wiki now. I was moving too fast, sorry!

2 Likes

Every time I am making a public wiki, I always forgot to add that. Literally every time.

1 Like

@getrithekd i was going to add other stuff, but okay

Hey guys, remember to add the ____ is editing!!!

I just added some spots for user assignments.

1 Like

How bout’ this…
The prefix ‘Pseudo’ means fake.
Whether it’s pseudo -properties or pseudo -teams, it’s really just trying to be something it’s not. Now, computers are associated with a lot of ‘pseudos’ (Pseudorandom, etc.) and will frequently let them fly undetected under the radar! Exploiting this inherent ‘flaw’ we can trick the computer into thinking something is what it is not…

2 Likes

Yes!

Please add back the word psuedo on those terms… They look so wrong without them. ALSO DIBS ON CPT

@here Hey guys, can i have time to edit the wiki? I’m adding other stuff but yall are editing

1 Like

I suppose you’ll have to wait. What are you adding?

Adding Wiki Editing Rules, The “no one is editing” part, etc

1 Like

I suppose someone else can add those. The wiki editing rules thing shouldn’t really be necessary.

“No one is editing” should be added.

Yeah, but people could edit the wiki and make it say inappropriate things, or delete all the hard work and replace it with things that break the rules.

The user assignments is not on its own line.