The Tamian Coordinate System | Difficulty: 🟨 (See: Updated)

Alright, it would take a lot of memory, but you need a zone at every coordinate you want to track, all with a player enters → transmit on.

Add a property called PlayerLocation, and make it text. Make sure it’s scope is player.

Now add a trigger on every zone.

They should all look like this but “Trigger When Receiving On” should match the tile they sit on.

Inside the trigger, they need the following block code, again matching the trigger with the zone’s coordinates.

(This is the top-left trigger)

(This is top-right)

(Bottom-left)

(Bottom right)

Add a wire repeater with a delay of 0.1 seconds.
Add four wires from the zones to the wire repeater. They all are: Player enters zone → repeat pulse.

Add this code to a notification:

Finally, wire the wire repeater to the notification.

THERE YOU GO!
As you walk through the zones, it should change the property to the current coordinates that you are standing in.

6 Likes

Isn’t it gimavengers?

1 Like

Tbh I might have forgotten

1 Like

You’re correct, but I was:

1. Typing fast
  2. They know
2 Likes
1 Like

I see no difference in these words

1 Like

I edited.

1 Like

ah

1 Like

Also, I finished Version 2 already. This one works like scratch or code.org, and can quickly be expanded. Here is the 3x3 version.

1 Like

No stealing please.

This took me all of 30 minutes to make.

1 Like

Is it actually cheaper in terms of memory

1 Like

@Dragontamer you should probably add a difficulty color.

1 Like

Wait. This can help create matrix operations in gimkit too! (I’d rather just use a keyboard but cool!)

2 Likes

Once it gets pretty big, yes.

huh? please explain.

oh wait nvm

The only issue stopping me from making a sustainable coordinate system is the fact that you cannot in game determine if the player is moving left or right.

zones on either side.

version 2.0 coming out later today or tomorrow, as I designed the system but I have to actually get around to making the guide.

1 Like

Well, let’s say you place down a zone that increases property “XCoord” by 1, equivalent to walking right. What happens when you walk through it the other way?