Psudo-healthbar Research for street fighters game

So, i’m making a street fighters game and when people like @Txme_Lxss tried helping me with something, it was like a new discovery, making a street fighters healthbar just like in the game!

2 Likes

He knows what i mean.

2 Likes

Basically this

quote jumpscares

could also use barriers that follow above the player

5 Likes

So, we need the best coders out there for this.

2 Likes

(or more device possibilities)

But basically he’s researching how can we tie physical health to pseudo health, which is solved above, but how far can we go? How much can we tie together? How many more circumstances can we have where phys. and pseu. health can be linked?

3 Likes

im mid at blocks.
Can I help though?

3 Likes

Shouldn’t really be blocks but putting together lots of devices

but blocks should be needed, a good amount but not crazy I think

4 Likes

Sure, but this research might take your soul out of your body…

2 Likes

ay that’s what I have been doing pretty much my whole life!

3 Likes

Anyways, can you elaborate more? I really don’t understand.

3 Likes

Uhm
when you mean what the title says
you mean we use… Blocks, properties, etc?

3 Likes

Yup, you’re right!

2 Likes

I actually did some of this a while back before I was on the forums. Back when GKC was new.

What you could do is have a counter with a property. Then, it’s subtracted every time the player’s attacked. Because each attack does the same amount of damage each time, you could have each one be a specific property and subtract the health property to the attack. Pretty simple. Critical hits and such could be easily done with randomizers.

For the health bar, you could do something with emojis, specifically :green_square: and :red_square: . You would need a :green_square: and :red_square: directly on top of each other in a straight line going sideways. 10 of them.

Let’s say a full health bar is 100 health, or :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: . Each square signifies 10 hp.

Oh no! The player got punched! That punch did 10 damage. The squares (with a property checker) would change like so: :red_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: . See how it changed out one :green_square: with a :red_square: ? Each :red_square: is equal to 10 damage done.

Flying kick incoming! Let’s take a look at the health bar now. Using the same property checker method: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: . Wow, that’s a lot of damage. You can see how it goes now. 40 damage, 60 hp left.

If players have abilities as well (specifically healing abilities), then they could grant :green_square: back.

Roundhouse kick! The health goes down: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: . This would symbolize that the player’s knocked out. You could be fancy and make it flash, too (deactivations and reactivations), if you wanted to. Then, the property checker would broadcast on a channel to end the game.

11 Likes

How to make a Pseudo-Health Bar
are you looking for smth like this?

9 Likes

We are trying to make it so that both players can see it and linking it to the normal gkc healthbar.

1 Like

Anyway, good suggestion!

1 Like

Halfway done with the guide.
How’s everything so far?

2 Likes

No repiles, i guess.

1 Like

How is the guide going?

1 Like

ONE OF THE TRAITS IN @Undertale IS PATIENCE, MY GUY… PATIENCE…
(Sorry for caps)
Determination, Bravery, Justice, Kindness, Patience, Integrity, Perseverance, for all 7

1 Like