(Patched) How to Make a Sentry Move while carrying damage over! (🟩)

A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:
This guide no longer works, as the lastest update has rendered this guide useless.

Did you know that sentries are subject to entering zones and teleportals?
Well today, I will be using that mechanic to create a sentry that will move from place to place while carrying damage over.

What you need:
Sentry x1
Zone x2
Wire Repeater x2
Teleportal x2

Place down your two teleportals. These willl be the locations that the sentry will teleport to.
Place down a zone on each of your teleportals.
Place down your two wire repeaters. Make the delay to 3 seconds. Wire the first zone to the wire repeater.
When player enters zone------repeat wire pulse
When pulse repeated------teleport here

Now take the other zone and do the same. When player enters zone----repeat wire pulse
On wire pulse----teleport player to target.
There! You should have a moving sentry that has damage carrying over and only requiring 1 sentry!
If you want to, like this guide!
Also please do not edit this. It is unlikely I shall need to do edit it again, but in the case that I do, this is insurance.

27 Likes

Great Guide @WhoAmI!

2 Likes

Oh my god. If I had known this, then Farmers’ Quest would’ve had so much less memory usage. This is now my favorite guide. I feel like I could fly for hours! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

6 Likes

Wow! Nice discovery!

1 Like

Wow, can’t believe no one found this out. This is a breakthrough!

Amazing guide! (difficulty?)

Mind blowing
:exploding_head:

1 Like

This was another mistaken discovery though. I was making a dodgeball zone where if you survived 60 seconds in the zone, you would teleport out, and then I noticed the sentries teleported out as well. Hence this guide.
Difficulty?

• 1/5
  • 2/5
  • 3/5
  • 4/5
  • 5/5
  • 6/5
0 voters

You should add the fact that you need to give the teleporters target groups since a lot of users seem to be missing that step.

You don’t really need that. The wires will do it for you.

The teleporters I used had no targets.

Really? What’s the teleport player to target thing then? Wouldn’t you need a target group for that?

A wire setting. Also I think that might be a mistake in the writing…lemme check.

Fixed!

The only downside is when the player enters the zone

3 Likes

Yeah…I figured that out a while back. However, what you can do to remedy this is to make the sentry spawn in a zone, then teleport to the teleports, and use the when player teleported to setting to do this instead.

1 Like

Bump.

is this able to work with multiple teleports

It should

Also @raeB may I inquire why you edited my post?