How to Make a Pet That Follows you! [🟨 4/10]

Welcome to Guide #7

(#8 if you count my guide that got taken down for no reason :rage:)
Anyway, I’ve made this guide for @DannyStarf.

What we'll be making

Untitled video (2)

Materials

Text ×dependent (60 memory each)
Player Coordinates ×1 (4000 memory)
(The zone used in the showcase is visual. It has no purpose.)

Time to build!

Player Coordinates

This will be the easiest part of the mechanic. Just make a block in the Player Coordinates device with this code:
And that’s it!

Text

Make the text using whatever emoji you want. I used a dog with a font size of 50. All of the text will have these settings:
To show the dogs, just use a broadcast based on the coordinates like this:
Try to keep the emojis evenly spaced. If you don’t know what the coordinates of the emojis are, play the game with an overlay coded to show your X and Y position. Just make the Player Coordinate device set properties for your X and Y position and broadcast a message to update the overlay. Set the overlay’s text to the X and Y property combined using the block code. Make sure to use a convert number to text block. The number that the overlay shows is the number that you should use in your broadcast. Just be sure to get rid of the comma if there is one. For example, if the number that came up for me was 325,314, then I would show the text when receiving on “Show dog 325314”. Once you figure out the coordinates of one of the emojis, you should be able to find the rest of the coordinates for the emojis fairly easily.

And now you have all of the tools you need to make a pet! I hope you found this useful!

Downsides

The process for making this is very tedious and can get annoying really fast. It would take a lot of memory if you wanted to cover your map in emojis.

Happy building! @Fulcrum-19

Rate my Guide
  • Awesome!
  • Good!
  • Ok.
  • Bad.
  • WORST GUIDE ON THE SITE!!!
0 voters
What’s the Difficulty /10?
  • 11 :skull:
0 voters
9 Likes

This guide is very cool and useful, great job!

4 Likes

This is an amazing guide and not very tricky!

the concept make my brain go poof confuzzled gim sounds

3 Likes

How was this made an hour ago and has a link to it already?!

1 Like

It is too hard to understand for me. I need steps and it doesn’t say the steps

(gas gas gas gonna step on the gim tonight wait what?

2 Likes

Well, if there is no steps and tells the device, I do not know what to do

Why you post that.
That not relevant to the conversation :\

I’m not sure if this meets the standards of how to make a pet follow you but it is missing steps

@Fulcrum-19, please add the steps. Reason: It does say which devices I need to make the pet move but it doesn’t tell us how to make it with these devices

New game unlocked: Pet simulator

1 Like

There’s actually a help topic about that!:
https://forum.creative.gimkit.com/t/is-it-possible-to-make-a-gimkit-game-like-pet-sim-99/50721/39
lol

Quick note:
You can get a similar effect of a pet following you by using one of these guides:

and setting the repeater task interval to be double the item decay in the zone.
Advantages are it is more memory efficient, and you don’t need one text device/item image/prop for every coordinate.
Disadvantages are that the item could be picked up, and you can only use items for pets.
(also the zone has to be as large as your map, and there will be item decay)
(this gif is a bit low-quality)
Screen recording 2024-07-17 7.15.50 PM

OHMAGAWD! Thank you for the tutorial! It looks really awesome too. But its just missing some steps :3 But can this work when your walking around your whole map?

1 Like

the concept make my brain go poof confuzzled purple stickman sounds

1 Like

It does have steps.
Step 1: Code the Player Coordinates device.
Step 2: Set up the text.
Congratulations, you’re finished!

edit

An average difficulty of 6.5 is wild :skull:

1 Like

It was not mentioned in the steps

I do not understand why many of you think this guide is very difficult.
This is a very simple usage of the Player Coordinates device.
Each signal for each dog is named “Show dog [x-coord][y-coord]”, where x-coord and y-coord are the corresponding x and y values that the dog has at that position.
Every tick, every dog is hidden and a signal is broadcasted that shows the dog that is equal to the player’s x and y position.

4 Likes
InkyDarkBird

Yeah, I’m just as surprised as you.

Wikipedia

@Wikipedia Nobody else seems to be having a problem with it, so I’m not going to change it.