Distance devices

Is there a device that makes props move with a distance when you move? Like having a pet dog walk with you

sadly, not that I know of.

The short answer is no, you can’t make props or anything move, but the long answer is you can put deactivated props over all corners of the map and make each prop activate when recieving on the coordinates of that spot and make a player coordinates device and in a trigger loop write block code to let the prop follow the players coordinates(2 properties for the prop’s x and y) this is very complex and I don’t advise you to do it in a normal map.

2 Likes

I don’t think you need images of really anything that’s not like- screenshots in this small of a help topic

Not to be rude lol

1 Like

i like it tho i’ve never had an oc

Ok! Because I was confused of what this person said, its the same question in it. I just want to know how to use this

Cuz I might make a guide using this. Not making a guide for this device itself .-.

I’ve already submitted a new device concept for a similar purpose. Currently, it doesn’t exist yet. You’ll have to use a coordinate system.

1 Like

Can you elaborate with that?

Nvm that comment ^
There’s a help topic about it, here:
https://forum.creative.gimkit.com/t/how-do-you-make-moving-props/12307
This might work? I’m to lazy to check.

1 Like

In the coordinate device code, make it broadcast something like “hide all dogs” and then broadcast create text with (show dog)(current x position)(current y position) Then have the dog on the corresponding coordinates show on the broadcast. It might take quite a bit of memory though. I’ll be able to provide photos in a bit.

Can you make it simplier please? :3

1 Like