How to Make your own in-game trail

This was actually kind of an accident, when I was working on another guide, and accidentally made a trail of quantum portals, lol, but this is how you make a trail! Note:This may not be viable for everyone, as this may clash with other game settings.

1. Place down a zone. Configure item decay so that dropped items will disappear after about 5 seconds. You can configure this later on.
    2.Take an inventory item manager, and choose what you want to use for your trail. (I used cash)
  2. Get a wire repeater clock, trigger clock, repeater, whatnot, and set the delay to about 0.1 seconds. (You can alter this setting later on)
  3. Connect an item granter of the type you want to it. This will make the trail.
  4. Connect the method of triggering the clock circuit to the clock.

What can you do with this? Well, if you have a maze, you could get rid of the decay mechanic, and use your trail as a reference to where and where not you have been before. You could use this to track a random player by giving them the trail, showing where they have been before.
And that is that! You should have a trail now! If this is confusing, please inform me, I will clarify it for you. Thank you for reading!

55 Likes

If you want to make it look like a real trail, set the wait time to 0.5 seconds ± 0.1 seconds, and set the decay time to 3 seconds. It helps if you equip the banana trail to test out timings.

12 Likes

@WhoAmI what is that map it looks good. north and south command tables, data giver, 2 faction bases, library (which is misspelled on the waypoint), cash, energy, gold seeds, not to metion health. also great guide, that example was really good, in fact i might even use this in the future

13 Likes

I played it before, it’s a really cool capture-the-flag map with life steal.

8 Likes

The game is called Class Wars, I believe I posted it on the Wixsite a while back. Also, about the library waypoint, I’ve been aware of it for a very long time, I just never got around to spelling it correctly, since the spawn point is on the other side. I use class wars as the testing ground these days.

14 Likes

ok, never played it and while i was on vaca at the beginning of july, it got blocked, sadly. also you are not the only one who dedicates a map as a testing map. my battle royale became mine until i deleted it and recreated it as something to do after you escape the prison

7 Likes

Nice guide! I’ll definitely use this in my games.

7 Likes

Nice, @WhoAmI! I got this accidentally, too.

9 Likes

How did you do it with an empty inventory?

7 Likes

Wdym?

9 Likes

How does it drop the item?

6 Likes

I used an inventory item manager that only allows you to keep one item of the cash type.

11 Likes

Oh, thanks!

4 Likes

I gotta try this my self!!

4 Likes

Did it work?

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

3 Likes

Can you explain what needs to be used and what needs to be connected to what in a more clearer way please, because I don’t really know what to connect to what.

3 Likes

Okay:
(Can’t edit anymore so…)
Materials:
Game Settings: Configure Item Decay to Whatever you want.

Inventory Item Manager x1
Trigger x1
Item Granter x1.

Ex: Cash

1. Place down an inventory item manager: Turn notifs for your trail type off. Set amount of cash able to be held to 0.

2. Place down your trigger. Set it to broadcast on “Loop” when triggered, and set it to trigger on “Loop”. Set delay to 0.1 seconds

3. Place down an item granter. Set it to grant 1 cash.

4. Wire your trigger to the item granter.

5. You can now use a vending machine or a trigger like that to start up your trail.

5 Likes

Funny thing is, I made this as one of my prizes in my Arcade a few months ago, and was not going to post about it because it seemed “too trivial.”

7 Likes

BUMP!

2 Likes