Is there a way to add effects to a Gimkit map?

I am getting a little sad with how standard the Gimkit creative is, I mean it is good and fun to make whatever you want into a game but it is missing a lot still. A few examples of this are in Fishtopia and Snowy Survival, if you have not noticed that there is a boat and safe prop that is not a thing in Gimkit Creative. So I have been trying to make new props by using things in gimkit creative and it lead me to this. I have found that if you put a barrier over your map and turn it to black but still see-through it will look like nighttime. Because of this, I am wondering if it is possible to make effects such as rain or changing the time(Night & Day cycle).

2 Likes

yes, for nighttime you can have a barrier or blackboard with tint to black shown/hidden when the target value for a counter is reached

.How to Make your own in-game trail
and for effects

4 Likes

Can you make it to were it goes back to day-time after a certain amount of time?

1 Like

yes, use a wire repeater clock to show/hide it, so you dont technically need the counter

2 Likes

make sure the wire repeaters have a delay tho

2 Likes

Yeah, you can use a clock to deactivate and activate it. You can also use a 0.95 opacity black barrier.

3 Likes

Ok then, as for the effects?

1 Like

You can try using small barrier particles.

2 Likes

what kind??? rain would be hard, and involve text and a lot of wire repeaters

3 Likes

yes rain

1 Like

Ok I can see if i can do it, i might have rick help me though.

1 Like

Uhm ok?

2 Likes

For rain, you could have text device with blue font and lots of characters shaped like raindrops, and you could take it one step further and animate it if you wanted

4 Likes

Well, I am not a code guy, more of a map maker. Just ask @LxmasHasCandy he knows this, I crashed a game making code.

1 Like

The safe prop exists! Just the Boat prop doesn’t exist.

4 Likes

I’m a beginner at coding, so i don’t really know if it’s advanced.

1 Like

Thanks, I can see if I can do that.

1 Like

I have not ever seen it, how is that?

1 Like

It’s like a tall black/white vault, I think the name is vault.
My bad, maybe it’s safe

2 Likes

search it up in the props section, it exist

2 Likes