How to Create Working Stairs (Difficulty 1/10 or 🟦 )

Introduction

This will be an easy guide because it requires no block code, wires, or anything of the sort. Just 2 text boxes, 2 teleporters, and a little creativity!

The Stairs

How would you even create stairs!? Gimkit doesn’t have that… or does it? I discovered that bookshelves kinda look like stairs, so I began to get work.

First, created a room with a 5 x 4 corner for the stairs in the corner. You can create your stairs by rotating a bookshelf like this:
DON’T FORGET TO DISABLE COLLISION AND SEND THIS TO THE BACK LAYER

Then, for style, I will add a text box with font size set to 60 and font set to PT Mono. We will put this in our text box:

█▓▒░
█▓▒░
█▓▒░

Send this to the top layer

Once we have done this we can overlay it on top of our stairs and add 2 teleporters that both teleport to each other at the end of each stairs.

When done, It will look like this mockup I made in a couple minutes:

10 Likes

Nice guide @M1dnight!
Also, we aren’t using the ideas or easy tag for this guide, the easy tag is unused.

You may want to credit these guides though:

Also, the youtube link won’t work.

1 Like

I feel goofy now. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The YouTube link is still uploading.
By the way, I don’t fully understand crediting on gimkit, since I kinda formulated this idea on my own without using any of the following guides. I’m a little new to writing posts, so an explanation would be helpful.

2 Likes

Basically, if your guide is similar to another, (since it causes clutter) just put a section with those guides so people can try some other guides if they can’t do yours! But this guide is really cool!

1 Like

Nice guide!

1 Like

Good job! I added a difficulty for you.

1 Like

I’m going to borrow this design for a wiki about ways to reuse props. I will give credit, though.

1 Like