How to animate a basketball being thrown Difficulty: đźź©

Here’s how you can make it so that when a player clicks a button near a basketball, they can throw the ball into the hoop.

STEP ONE

Place a basketball and a basketball hoop.

STEP TWO

Now place a button directly on the basketball. Edit the button so it is NOT visible in-game and it transmits on the channel “ball throw 1” when pressed. Then edit the basketball so it hides when receiving on the channel “ball throw 1.” (Also, an alternative to the channels would be to simply wire the two to each other.)

STEP THREE

Add another basketball a little closer to the hoop and set it to NOT visible on game start (don’t pay attention to the image) and you can leave the channels empty (don’t pay any attention to the image.)

STEP FOUR

Do the same until you’ve completed the cycle of basketballs going into the hoop.

STEP FIVE

Okay, so I completely messed up with the images. Instead of using a wire repeater, wire the first basketball to the second and set it so that when the prop is hidden, the other one is shown. Then do that on and on until you reach the last basketball.

STEP SIX

Then wire the first basketball to a trigger.

STEP SEVEN

Then wire the trigger to the second basketball so that when triggered it will hide the prop. Repeat steps six and seven for each basketball. Make sure the trigger delay is at 0.1 seconds.

STEP EIGHT

Finally, for the last basketball wire it to the first one and set it so when the prop is made hidden the first basketball will show.

STEP NINE
Use a wire repeater and wires to make it so the button deactivates when pressed and edit the button so it activates when the last basketball is hidden. I think that’s all for this tutorial, but let me know if I missed anything.

16 Likes

Nice guide! This is really cool!

Since this has already been made, you may want to credit this guide by @Anythinger:

2 Likes

@Thats_Gimpossible here.
What you did well:

• 1. Plenty of Pictures and Visual Aids.
    • This guide had plenty of pictures to explain the process. Including pictures in guides can be very important as some people learn better with them. Your guide nailed this perfectly.
  • 2. Clear Outlining of Steps.
    • You wrote your guide in clear, stated steps, which help can help users understand the order of following your guide and simplify the concept by breaking the guide apart. This is especially important for long guides, as adding steps can make things easier for people who use your guide.
  • 3. Clear, Concise Grammar and Instructions.
    • Many guides miss out on grammar. Others instructions aren’t very clear.
    • Your guide had great grammar, which can clear confusion. Good grammar can make sure others don’t misunderstand what you wrote.
    • Your writing style was clear. Almost anyone could follow your guide and read what you wrote and correctly create your mechanic. It also doesn’t over-utilize fancy words, which could’ve confused some people.

What you could Improve:

• Fixing Your Guide

• Instead of saying that, you could’ve re-taken the pictures and made the guide from there. Having different pictures than your instructions can ruin your guide for others as it may cause confusion.
  • Improving Your Guide

• As of Now, your guide could be improved in many ways. Fixing your pictures was one, but you could also remove shadows and turn off collision + set on above layer for the basketballs that are in the “air”. This would make your game look better. Just a small nitpick.

I’m not @GimAI, so I will rate this a 10/10 and deserving of a like bc aGimAI never rated posts 10/10 (besides his own).

7 Likes

NIce Guide @Chong! Creative and now animated Guides, nice work.

4 Likes

@NavyCatZ /NavyCatZ_Rate

2 Likes

What are you trying to do?

3 Likes

Idk if Navy still does this but she used to pretend to be @GimAI

1 Like

Oh, lol, I can totaly picture that.

2 Likes

I only did that when the forums was dead

4 Likes

Aw.

1 Like

Now I will never like a single one of your posts. I will start unliking them now.

2 Likes

:frowning:
Anyway, nice job @Chong !

9 Likes

Just kidding.
You could get the empathetic badge if you liked more posts

5 Likes

Yeah, im almost there, i need like 30 more likes and 400 more likes to give.

8 Likes

There you go.

3 Likes

Thanks! Now I just need to like lots of post, but thank you very much @Apoll02.

6 Likes

I was bored lol, and I saw your post

2 Likes

Just remember that.

5 Likes

It’s not.

2 Likes

I didn’t tell him to do it, he just did it when I responded to a post.

2 Likes