Copying Counters

It’s here. I’ve done it. It’s solved! Counter Copying is done!!!

It’s really simple. You need the OG counter, the counter you’re copying to, and an extra counter. Make a trigger that triggers itself. This trigger should decrease the OG counter. The trigger should also increase the other counters. Make the OG counter have a target of 0. That counter should deactivate the trigger.

Make a new recursing trigger. This should be triggered by the OG counter’s target and increase the OG counter while decreasing the extra counter. The extra counter should deactivate the new recursing trigger when it reaches its target of 0.

This is revolutionary when we consider the implications of this. With this, we can make counter functions that can avoid using blocks in order to add or even COMPARE counter-properties.

By replying to this topic, you acknowledge that you have read the entire first post and have at least skimmed through the replies to this post.

11 Likes

Pictures.

11 Likes

nice guide! (Have no idea what this was for) but good job!

4 Likes

Yeah I’m just really tired.

2 Likes

It’s part of a larger series that aims to make addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division without blocks.

5 Likes

That’ll be useful, if not complicated…

4 Likes

Nice pictureless guide!

2 Likes

Bump.

While, yes, I did in fact read the last post, I still don’t understand why you would need to avoid blocks in the first place.

WOW!! Omg, this was a giant problem in my map. Ima use this RIGHT NOW

why is there a counter-efficiency tag if only 3 posts have it?

Bump.

Nice! This’ll probably be a lot less memory than using blocks for basic math operations (or at least a little)! First time I’m seeing this, and all I’m thinking is ‘Genius!’