Concatenation Without Blocks

Concatenation is synonymous with blocks. Or is it? This guide aims to make concatenation without ANY blocks.

This just compares counters and uses activation/deactivation states. It’ll also use a general for loop (guide coming out on that soon) to check if each is the one we want.

The Guide

First, get your counter (target 0) that you want to concatenate on (copied over from the real counter). Next, place the trigger that receives on the concatenated channel. Make it receive on “finishedConcatenated” instead. Now, place another counter (I’ll call it the receiving counter). Make the concatenating counter broadcast on “concatenated” when it reaches the target. Now, make a trigger that decreases the concatenating counter (try saying that five times fast) and also decreases the receiving counter. This trigger should trigger itself. If the counters are expected be over 299, add a delay of .015s.

Make the concatenating counter deactivate the trigger. Make another trigger with a delay of .015s activate the other trigger (channel name “finishedConcatenated”). The new trigger receives on “concatenated”. Make the recursing trigger deactivate the receiving trigger. The receiving counter activates the receiving trigger.

And you’re done!

By replying to this topic, you acknowledge that you have read the entire first post and have at least skimmed through the replies to this topic. You also acknowledge that this means that you know what you are posting about. Asking for definitions of non-GKC unique words is not allowed. Google is a great resource for that. You also agree to not post the words “nice guide” by themself, with no other meaningful words.

If you read the guide and comment constructively, then you won’t violate that.

10 Likes

nice

now i just need to calculate the amount of memory to see if this is more memory-efficient!

Have you finished calculating it yet?

a counter is 25 memory, and a trigger is 40. i counted 3 counters and one trigger, so in total, it’s 115 memory

so this method of concatenation can save you 385 memory

Counters are 15 memory…

oh

well then

im stupid correct lol
(see reply after me)

No.
@eiqcrmeliutgwhc you’re right lmao

1 Like

Place a second one down.

lol yeah see edit

but 15 memory would’ve been sooooooo memory efficient tho

edit: this is getting confusing

Still is 25 memori.

Nice guide! Could you please add pictures? Especially in guides like these with multiple of the same device, pictures are important. However, this is really cool and can save hundreds of memory if all I’m trying to do is broadcast on the concat of a channel.

1 Like

Sooo what exactly is concatenation?

1 Like

Look at the first link in there.

For some reason I didn’t even see that, sorry…

This will help me so much… @getrithekd you’re the best. But you might want to add screenshots, like what ClicClac said.

nice guide :0

1 Like

Yeah I’ll add screenshots, clicclac and wingwave.

1 Like

Bump.

Bump.