A simple guide for Gimhook

Gimhook is a custom client for Gimkit which includes a modloader. You might have heard of it elsewhere in the community before, as it is the de-facto standard for Gimkit modding.

How do I download it?

Official releases are stored on the Codeberg repository: https://codeberg.org/gimhook/gimhook/releases

How do I make mods?

To make Gimhook mods, you will need to use the Gimhook SDK. Documentation on it can be found here.

If you would like to see the DevTools UI (e.g. to see JavaScript console output, including errors), you can do so by adding --debug-mode to the Gimhook command.

On Windows, that would look like gimhook.exe --debug-mode, and on MacOS/Linux it would look like ./gimhook --debug-mode

25 Likes

oh cool and nice guide

6 Likes

What do you mean by mods? Sorry. Just a little dumb with websites, more on the coding side.

4 Likes

mods are game modifiers

5 Likes

What do they change in the game?

2 Likes

anything. if you’re talking about gimhook, idk because i don’t have it

4 Likes

Gimhook has a lot of stuff gimkit doesn’t have, or they do have, but it’s a lot better.

Like for example (actually, this feature exists), if you have a really big map, you can zoom out a lot to see the whole map better.

If you want to teleport to random stuff, there’s a setting for that and whenever you click on a spot on the map, it teleports you there.

3 Likes

Hexaheximal finally joins the forum.

[for the record, this may be flagged for being off topic or it may not. gimhook is useful enough that this may not be deleted]

4 Likes

Gimkit mod duh. This allows you to do all kinds of things that Vanilla Gimkit doesn’t support.

2 Likes

@top-z is here just so you know, so expect some HAXXER backlash very soon. Also nice guide. I don’t think that half the people here would even use this since most of them don’t even know basic mechanics.

4 Likes

what does “vanilla [game name]” mean?

2 Likes

in that scenario, “vanilla” means unmodified.

6 Likes

I thought hexaheximal was a bot

2 Likes

If they were a bot, they would get banned right now, considering the fact they did not want to start over the GimAI era all over again.

2 Likes

not a bot here, a bot on a discord server

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, @hexaheximal!

2 Likes

nice guide

3 Likes

In a sense it’s “better”, but everything in Gimhook can be used to cheat/hack. Betterzoom can be used to see past camera zones and see things you shouldn’t be able to see in game, and ClickTP can break movement. And those are only two things in Gimhook…

4 Likes

wdym it isnt website its coding
modding is changing the game to make it like you want
sorry the conversation had ended already when i typed this

2 Likes

yeah, when I post on the Gimhook Discord server it often shows me as a bot, but it’s actually a webhook - I typically use t2bot.io - Discord Bridge to communicate there instead of actually using Discord because I prefer using Matrix.

2 Likes