The most overlooked setting

Ahh, as they all say, nothing is better than the power of properties. but many gims overlook one of these settings, in the very property. scroll down to the bottom. it should say ‘mark as changed when game starts’. i doubt that any of you have done anything with this. let me tell you the uses of this. wire that property to a counter. there should be an option so that when the property changes value, increment counter. example. lets say you are making a king of the hill. each player is represented by a number. the counter counts up to a target of 7. this means that the 7th king wins. but there is a king in the beginning, is there not? well if you change that setting to yes, then when you start, the counter will start at one, because it is changed. there are also many other uses for this setting. just dont overlook anymore! Happy Gimkitting! @Here_to_help , out

4 Likes

Nice, this has probably useful in many situations

3 Likes

thx, i was trying to get the point across, and i hope it does

1 Like

Not being rude, but can’t you change the counter’s starting value? I may be wrong…

2 Likes

Also, do you remember the guide about building a tower with multiple floors, but on top of each other? I can’t seem to find it.

1 Like

Yeah, you can. Let me see if I can find that guide for you.

1 Like

Is it this one?

3 Likes

Yes, I don’t know why I can’t find guides! I think my search is broken…

1 Like

Try looking under the tab community made guides if you can’t them?

1 Like

I do, but then it takes a long time when scrolling.

1 Like

You can also change the arrow to look for the oldest guides first.

1 Like

Yeah, I found that out a few days ago. Thanks!

1 Like

never heard or saw it

1 Like

also, what does that have to do with my post?

1 Like

Because there was no where else to ask…

2 Likes

ok then

1 Like

My take on this is that I prefer to not change it, as it adds additional things that can make subtle bugs. But it’s an interesting feature.

2 Likes

Just a thought: does this setting actually just add one to the property on frame one, or just changes the starting value entirely?

1 Like

i think that it doesn’t actually change it, it just marks it as changed

1 Like

it registers a change and will trigger any wires when connected to the property when the game starts. In this way, it can also be used as a lifecycle device.

2 Likes