The Cursorian Full Farming System

I’ve noticed that many people just make farming guides on farming itself or harvesting (which I think seems to just be an one-time item granter in a nutshell). So, what if someone made a guide on ALL of these? Now you’ve clicked on this, so, yeah, I’m gonna start now.

Water Well

A fairly simple build. -The Annoying Cursor Ripoff, 2023

1. Place down a button, water well prop, and item granter. You may want to adjust the size of the water well or extend the button’s range/area of effect/the area you have to be in to be able to press the button.
  2. Wire the button to the item granter, which should grant a certain amount of water now.
  3. If you want, you could make the button not visible in-game, but you can just place the water well prop on top of the button.
Energy-Based Well

Also wire the button to an item granter, this time taking away negative of whatever amount of energy you want (e.g. 500 energy required, so you type in -500 in the granting amount). This will take away the configured amount of energy, which is how the Farmchain water well works.

Farming System

Now it’s time for the hard part, which is the farming part. Luckily, I’ve already made a farming system, just note that there’s lots of wiring, checkers, item granters, and popups.

Farming Resource Page

Most of these are actually like item granters!

Corn Stalk Harvesting
Note

For this, I used corn stalk props. You don’tnecessarily have to do the same, but it is recommended because it is the only item to still be in a “mature/grown plant” phase.

This version of harvesting is basically a one-time harvesting system.

1. Make the area where you’re going to put your corn stalks. However, you also want the same number of not-visible-in-game-(yet) empty corn stalks. Don’t layer them on top of each other yet, I still have to show you something.
  2. Place down the same amount of buttons as you did corn stalks and empty corn stalks.
  3. Wire a button to a corn stalk (button pressed>hide prop), and repeat this step however many times you need to.
  4. Wire the buttons to an empty corn stalk (button pressed>show prop), and also repeat this step however many times you need to.
  5. Now, if you’ve followed steps 3 and 4 correctly, you should now have a system where the button is pressed and hides the full corn stalk but shows the empty ones. Go check to see if you have that.
  6. You have that? Great! Now, wire the buttons to an item granter. It should grant a number of corn (when the buttons is pressed, obviously). Repeat this step until all of the buttons have this.
  7. Wire a corn stalk to the button and make that corn stalk disable the button (prop shown/hidden>deactivate button). Also note that you can also wire the button to a wire repeater, and wire the wire repeater back to the button to disable the button.

Now you just did the Cursorian version of harvesting!

Backpack Limitations
Error!

Sorry, filesize limitations.

Anyways, you need a backpack limitation so your backpacks don’t rip or burst with crops. Just place down an IIM (inventory item manager) and make it limit a crop and its’ seed variant to your desire. However, this is going to be necessary for the (Cursorian) sell stations. I recommend the limit to be two seeds and crops, just like the official Farmchain gamemode.

Remember, instead of going through the hassle of making a new IIM every time you have another crop, you can copy+paste the IIMs. Just make sure you change it, and there is an IIM for the seed and the crop.

Sell Station

The IIMs really become useful here. So, you have your IIMs, and what I like to do to save memory (and space) is to set the IIM limit to two.

This example will use the IIM limit as two crops per… crop, and there are two crops, so there would be 2 x 2 = 4 checkers used.*

1. Place down four checkers, a button, and four item granters.
  2. Make half of the checkers and item granters for one crop and cash, and the others for the other crop and cash given.
  3. Also make one checker for each crop group should check for one crop, and the other should check for two.
  4. Wire the button to the checker that checks for one of the crop. Then wire the checker that we wired to the other checker, aka the one that checks for two crops (check passes>run check).
  5. So now, we don’t need the first checker. Wire the second checker to the two categorized item granters IF the check passes. The item granters should grant -2 of the crop, and your selected amount of cash (positive number for cash).
  6. For the failed check, wire it to the other item granters. This time, it should grant -1 of the crop and half of the selected amount of cash used for the passing check.

Optional
When the first check fails, wire it to a popup explaining what happened.

Debugging
The wiring steps go for both crop groups. Did you follow the instructions?

*The formula for the amount of checkers needed is crop limit times the amount of crop types in your game. Hard to explain why, but you’ll just have to trust me on this one.

That was one of my biggest projects to this date. I would like to say that none of the ones I made are quite memory-efficient. My farming and selling system uses ~1% memory, while using block code could chip it down to ~0.75% memory.

Disclaimer: The calculations in the conclusion paragraph are NOT accurate. They are estimates, not completely factual statements.

32 Likes

Nice guide, @eiqcrmeliutgwhc!

4 Likes

OOOOOh good job! Nice FARMing guide system WHOoohooo someone gave me sugar…

8 Likes

Nice guide!

4 Likes

Nice farming guide! Just remember that pictures are powerful!

4 Likes

Nice guide!

4 Likes

Quick proposition: in my farming system, instead of using IIMs for the sell station, I just had properties for each of the crops, and then you only need one device with blocks to sell everything. Just throw a sell mod on each item to sell, then set the property to 0. If you want to remove items, just… use an item granter. Saves a bunch of memory and feels pretty smooth anyways.

2 Likes

You still need the IIM for the property though. Unless you know the player farms the same amount each time.

2 Likes

Which you can usually assume you do. Even if you don’t, you can just run blocks on pickup to give a random amount or something.
The simplest farming system is just a trigger loop: you plant the thing, it slowly grows with the trigger loop slowly triggering bigger props, then you finish the cycle and the harvest button appears. Harvest button → blocks that give you the item in a property, and bam you’re done. IIMs are a bother lol

2 Likes

It’s a bummer if you want to simulate bugs and weather though.
EDIT: I’m dumb don’t mind that.

2 Likes

bump

also i’m done with the guide

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be the eiqcrmeliutgwhcian guide? also, why is that your name? Does it mean anything?

3 Likes

well i’m also the annoying cursor ripoff (i ripped off of frozen_cursor) and eiqcrmeliutgwhcian is weird. also that’s my blooket name because i slammed my face into the keyboard, got this name, and i liked it

edit: i tried to get that name again but accidentally created a bookmark with the title “v” lol

anyways back on-topic

4 Likes

growing_a_bump
bump

8 Likes

Hey, I was wondering about how the sell part of the guide works bc I’m making a sell station guide, and I don’t want it to be a duplicate.

3 Likes

Formal mode: ON

This was quite hard to explain.

Let’s pretend our IIM is set to limit the item to 2.

If the checkers were aligned so the button makes both checkers do its’ thing at the same time, then you’d end up getting triple the amount of rewards if you had just two of the item (due to the way it’s set up and my knowledge) and get like, -1 that item. That won’t work, so you’d end up having positive one more of that item.

There are obviously more ways to set this up, but back then, I just thought of that and it worked.

4 Likes

Ok so for loops are allowed in my guide?

2 Likes

ok so i’m really good at most things involving gkc but i honestly don’t know too much about how loops work so you might have to test it yourself or you could give me the design and i’ll test it

3 Likes

I know it works. I just want to know if yours is the same as mine. I don’t think so bc mine doesn’t use IIMs.

2 Likes

yeah then it’s definitely not the same. the iim is SUPER important in mine

4 Likes