The Cheesian Looping Animation System [Difficulty 3/10 or 🟩]

Want to make a looping animation relatively quickly? Look no further than the CLAS, an animation system that I created that only uses 5 devices TOTAL, and only 3 UNIQUE devices. So even if you might not use it, why not take a look?

Purpose

The purpose of The CLAS System is to cut down on memory when creating animations, you only need 2 devices and 3 wires. Isn’t that sweet? Sorry, I’m getting ahead of myself.

Instructions:

Materials

Like I said, the CALS System only uses 5 devices. These devices are:

• 1 button
  • 2 wire repeaters
  • 2 regular repeaters
    Oh, and also
  • 1 Billy
    The way I set it up is like this:
Billy

Today, a good friend of mine will be joining us. Meet Billy*!!!
Screenshot 2023-11-14 1.55.58 PM “Yo”
*Billy tutorial will be made soon
Ever since he was a tiny stickman, Billy was only able to hold his arm in the air. But today, Billy is finally going learn how to wave through the help of Cheesian Loops!
To create the frames, we’ll clone his arm, and place it in where we want it to be in the second frame.
Screenshot 2023-11-14 1.57.30 PM “And, voila!!!”
To start off, we’ll set up the wiring, because connecting things is a good place to start, I think.
Here’s what the wires will look like, along with what options you need to choose for them.

Now that we have that, we can go into the specifics, the details, the…

Settings

For both of the wire repeaters, set the delay to 0.5, so that the frames don’t instantaneously change.
For the repeaters, set the settings to these:

Bottom

And then, add the corresponding channels to the corresponding frames, like so.

Frame 1

Frame 2

And now, once the button is pressed, Billy can finally wave! They grow up so fast…
Screenshot 2023-11-14 3.51.26 PM Screenshot 2023-11-14 3.51.29 PMimageScreenshot 2023-11-14 3.58.11 PM
In-Game

As always, thank you for reading my guide! Please feel free to let me know what you thought of the guide and let me know if you use it! Also, vote on a difficulty below. Thanks again!

Difficulty
  • 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10
0 voters
Do we want a billy tutorial?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
6 Likes

Nice guide!

1 Like

Nice guide! Could you add a short video to show what it looks like in game?

1 Like

I unfortunately cannot, as I can’t access any mp4 → gif sites.

2 Likes

Cool! It’s interesting to see an optimized system of something we have had (unchallenged) for a while.

1 Like

But there are 5 screenshots at the end of the last step to show it.

:frowning: i would still like to see this in action but i guess that will do for now.

If I find a way to add it, I will : )

1 Like

Nice job! Couldn’t you optimize this with triggers though?

How so?

Triggers have the same time-based functionality as repeaters, but they take up less than a quarter of the memory. Just run a cont-recursive loop on the trigger, trigger it by wires if you need to, and when you want to disable it, just send on a channel to disable and re-enable them.

Also, you can greatly optimize this by just making a trigger chain, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the guide, so i can delete this bit if you want

Done! Added a link to a short clip of it in action.

1 Like

but can you wire it like this:
repeater --> trigger --> back to repeater

I’m a bit confused on why you need repeaters because it seems like you disable them right after enabling them.

To be able to create intervals while also broadcasting on channels

Triggers have the same increment function, but cost SIGNIFICANTLY less in terms of memory.

Tbh I’m just used to using repeaters instead of triggers, I’ve always thought of triggers as pressure plates

AHHHHHH
that hurts me deep inside

triggers are one of the most versatile things in the game. they’re oneloop-capable, easy to use, delayable, they have blocks, relatively cheap memory, etc etc

so goood

always try to use triggers or counters instead of their more expensive and slightly redundant alternatives, please, for me :pray:

6 Likes

Nice Guide!

Underused but amazing settings!