The Advanced Update Order Family šŸŸŖ

i remember you, you were one of the featured helpers in teh old forums right?

ikr i was like what???

They were. They came out with the original fishing guide on there too, which was the one I used.

I was totally a featured helper in the old forum.

looks at 3 bug posts and 1 help post
looks at zero community-made guides

yep, I was totally a featured helper.

1 Like

Yeah, same.

Did a ton of help but others were way smarter
couldnā€™t understand fishing
made a guide that never got seen

Hey, thatā€™s better than what you did.

yes

Helped a lot of people
Made some guides
Doing super well untilā€¦
Silencing killed my leaderboard place.

2 Likes

Went on a trip to Washington DC
Didnā€™t know the forums existed
Built a LEGO plane

3 Likes

Didnā€™t even know Gimkit existed
Found Gimkit
Didnā€™t even know about either forums
Found forum (new)

3 Likes

bump

1 Like

losing my gmail account for the summer killed my leaderboard positions lol

1 Like

am.jHGOIAYEGlisughjs;gjl

what did I just read

Iā€™ve seen this before, but never really processed it.

Is there any proof that ACO and AMO exist? Block order is not based off what was created first, itā€™s based on which block is placed above the other, and if youā€™re talking about inter-device block order, Iā€™m willing to bet money that thatā€™s not about the order the blocks were made but the order that the devices were updated, hence the update in advanced update order.

Given that wires have identical (as far as we know) subsystem resolution properties as devices, using AWO is interesting, to say the least.

How much of this is still considered?

no antagonism or criticism was meant in this post, im merely trying to change the language we use to present a more accurate and up-to-date worldview for those who are new

also we totally need to experiment with stacked resolution, like updating a wire in system 1 then a device in system 2 then a device in system 1 then a wire in system 2 and see which runs first
im pretty sure it only takes into account the general order since itā€™s just appending things, but idk

also, wires would be on a different list entirely than devices. how does that work?

1 Like

Well, the game canā€™t resolve wires and devices on the same tick because devices probably work between ticks and wires work inside ticks (I still believe in ticks).

im not sure whether you were talking about my p.p.s. or my main point, but ima assume the former: we need to do more testing to figure out how wires work.

Right now, our understanding is incredibly shaky. We should fix that.

I was talking about the pps. Right now string theory is pretty shaky. We should fix that lol.

1 Like

After doing some testing, wires hold a higher priority than devices.

Hereā€™s what I mean:
I had this system:

Top trigger increments, bottom decrements.

For now, top trigger is called tt, top wire is called wt, bottom trigger is called bt, and bottom wire is called bt.

If we order the list like this:
bw wt tt bt
or bw tt wt bt,
The TOP system goes first. But if we flip it around:
bt wt tt bw / bt tt wt bw
then BOTTOM goes first.

What the heck?
Geniuses, what does this mean? My peanut brain cannot comprehend this problem.

i should probably work on that incomprehensibility

Iā€™m thinking this has something to do with the possibility that moving the device COUNTS as an update. The best way to test this is ā€“ i think ā€“ using the newly discovered wire cap.

Also, channels are super laggy when it comes to property update signals during instant recursion.

advanced bump order?

1 Like

wait no, I can imagine how chess would work. You donā€™t need to preset each board configuration, but need to have one of each prop used on each tile (accounting for 2 colors = 768 props). It is alot, but then the rest is block code for which is visible.

That post was made in June. @Blackhole927 is currently making chess.

2 Likes

Lol I realized that after oops, maybe Iā€™ll make a guide on creating chess. Depends how much time I can find