On the Nature Of the Popup: The Notification's Older Silbling

Intro:

…Oh, hello fellow Gim! Very sorry, I can’t talk right now, I’m sneaking up on a Notification in its habitat!

Lets just go in front of it and…

Dang, it’s a popup. Bamboozled again…

But while we have it here, let’s talk about the popup!

AN

Hey guys! A quick explanation on what I’m doing in this guide. Because I don’t want it to be a repeat of other guides on the pop up, along with explaining the pop up I’m showing how to make different things with it! And I started using drawings too. Please comment (don’t like, please) if you like this guide! I’m taking a break from Gimkit after this one tho.

CREDITS!

@StacheIsTaken for their amazing guide on notifications that inspired this one!
@awesomeT43 and @ClicClac for the scientific name.

What is the Popup?

The Popup, or Gelwazrubio Sursum, is a device in the orange family and is closely related to the Notification. It’s a modernly light device weighing in at 50. The Popup is more social then its Notification counterpart, appering either as a Model in the middle of the screen, or as a Banner at the bottom. Popups can be used for many different things, such as but not dictated to:

1. A bigger Notifications
  2. NPC chats
  3. Update logs

And I’m gonna tell you how to make them! because a popup is basically a notification with extra steps. I want to be :sparkles: quirky :sparkles:

CHAPTER 1: A BIGGER NOTIFICATION

This is what I did when I was a new player, it’s really good for understanding wires.

Get a button and a popup

Connect them with a wire which is superior to channels fight me

Set the wire so that:
When button pressed----->Open popup

BOOM :smiley:

CHAPTER 2: NPC CHATS

Now, we are going to use the call to action! Place down two popups and a button. Connect the first popup to the button and type a call to action. Connect a wire between the two popups so that:
When call to action pressed------>Open popup

You can repeat with other popups almost forever!

CHAPTER 3: UPDATE LOGS

(This one is great if you have a published map :slight_smile: )

Place down a spawn pad. Then, connect a popup so that:
When player spawned------->Open popup

Change the popup every time you update so your players can see what changed!

-------------

If I told you this silly little guide took me just over a day, would you believe me? Well, there you have it, 3 fun things you can do with the popup! Until next time! …I need a nap.

END

4 Likes

oh, boy. here we go again…
turns on noise cancelling headphones

7 Likes

Didn’t we agree not to make these guides anymore??? Idk. I wasn’t in that conversation though.

4 Likes

? I must’ve not been in that either. Srry!

this one was the nature-of guide I have enjoyed in a while nice job!
we had a conversation about not making anymore because a lot of the newer ones just repeated TUGTED and nature-of was really meant to explain complicated devices that not many gims knew how to use and as ClicClac said

2 Likes

Oh, ok! Thanks for letting me know, and thank you for the praise! :smiley:

1 Like

Hey! I made a guide like this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey big bro!

1 Like

Wait—does this mean I could make an explained guide on a nature-of device? If this already exists, could I do it in the explained format?

you need to add more details then TEGTED and it needs to be a device that actually needs to be explained

Yes, I will! I promise! It will be explained to the fullest. Like the others!

Bump, back when life was simpler.

1 Like