Metal_sonic-1's guide to make a great map

hello guys its @metal_sonic-1 and in this guide i will tell you how to make a great map/get it on tending

part 1: great map design

to make a trending map in GKC you need to make it look good all good maps have
a great level design and look like they took their time to make it
(and doesn’t look like it was make in under an hour)

part 2: great thumbnails

all the best maps have AMAZING thumbnails (besides those weird nobody likes thumbnails that some how get on trending) this helps get the players attention so they will play your game (if your not a good thumbnail artist you can make a help topic so you can get thumbnail artists to help make it)

part 3: unique

most of the games in trending are unique and dont just repeat another game (example: flipswitch factory) and you can get ideas from just about anything, from: a game you played to a movie you watch the creativity is endless.

(tell me if i need to add anything)
thats all, have a good day, metal out :saluting_face:

was this helpfull?
  • yes
  • no
0 voters
4 Likes

@metal_sonic-1 good guide!

2 Likes

thank you @somodd.exe

PICTURES PICTURES WHERE ARE THEY AAAAAAAAA

good guide

4 Likes

should i add pictures?

thx

2 Likes

wow, I like the organization, the idea, and the overall understandability of this guide.

2 Likes

Is it just me that has such a lag in the form???

2 Likes

why thank you

Summary

also lag for me @Monoreuk

2 Likes

cool guide!

This is a duplicate guide

There are many…many…more, but those 2 are some of the best

In summary this guide is short, undetailed, and also unnecessary. The effort given to make this guide is appreciated, but the best critique I can give you, comes from one of the best Gimkitters:

Search before you post, and make in depth guides by making your guide unique, adding pictures, and making good explanations. Don’t give up!!

Have a great day :slight_smile:

6 Likes

oh im sorry i didnt know

2 Likes

thank you

i do notice a lot of guides on how to make a good map

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with making a duplicate guide, as long as there is SOME unique parts.
And that is unfortunately, a problem with this guide.
Bob’s Tips and Tricks for Map Making!
I stated all of these + other tricks

3 Likes

It’s ok we have all made mistakes, but we all can improve. You have great potential, and if you keep trying one day you will find success.

Yes this is true, just because a guide is a duplicate doesn’t make it completely wrong if it is unique, you should go through this guide while you still have edit time and improve it!

2 Likes

i will make it more unique tomorrow

2 Likes

@metal_sonic-1 This used to be a MAJOR problem I had, just about any guide I made, was not useful, or was a major dupe, so trust me, eventually you’ll get the hang of it.

3 Likes

alright thank you @bob_the_tomato

1 Like

@here should i ask black to make this a wiki? (sorry to ping you all)

1 Like

no.

1 Like