How to improve your Gimkit Creative Map +get more plays!

Ironic that I might publish soon on a big project

1 Like

I disagree with this - thumbnails need to be things that make you notice it and want to play.

This is kind of true, but what about XP? Everyone wants XP, so adding questions could help.
Good guide though!

4 Likes

This is…

It needs:

Pictures
Organization

2 Likes

hmm interesting, but like thumbnails with gims all over the place and bad color scheme, that is what I mean
I mean grinding for xp is good but you can literally play gimkit’s 2d game mode and it gives you xp for playtime, but sure that is sorta true

2 Likes

not so sure
did you even read it?
it doesn’t need pictures it is just a guide explaining the big box not how to exactly do it
organization I will try,
EDIT: There I organized it more

I can’t use exact numbers as examples because it varies too much.
A good Gimkit creative map have lots of plays. Here is how you can improve your plays for your creative map and improve it.

I have noticed that platformer maps are more popular than top-down maps. This is due to the popularity of Gimkit’s Don’t Look Down game mode. Platformer and Don’t Look Down maps usually require some kind of parkour. However, I feel like that there should be more Top-Down maps that are popular. But Top-Down has a major disadvantage. Most Top-Down maps are a recreated version of existing games, existing Gimkit game modes, battle arenas, games that can be played in real life, or a escape game. These can all be played online or in person so there isn’t real fun to it. Now yes, you can play parkour in Minecraft, etc, but parkour to people is more stressful and fun rather than battling games. This leads to my 2nd point.

Give your players a stressful or unpredictable game. Nobody likes farming because it is too repetitive, yet battling games aren’t because there are a variety of things that can happen. If you are going to make a fighting game, make it so that players can fight players. This is extremely important because nobody wants to fight an enemy that can’t move and you can predict what they will do. The unpredictability of a human opponent makes it more fun. Being on edge the whole time also makes a game more fun, as you focus more on the game. Now if you are to create a game where there is no unpredictability, I suggest to make it a medium-hard level. This way, people don’t rage quit your game, but still are enticed to play it more.

Don’t leave mistakes. Some of the biggest mistakes I have seen when playing maps are, not disabling buttons after their one time use, leaving buttons as “Interact”, showing triggers that aren’t supposed to be shown, leaving gaps where players can leave the map, and showing the outside of the map (for that, I recommend either making a camera zone or some extra layers of walls, maybe both). This small mistakes can easily be fixed, for example to turn off a button after being pressed, all you need is a button and wire repeater. Wire the button to wire, button pressed → repeat wire pulse and then wire repeat wire pulse → disable button. These are really simple and can make your viewers thinks that you are a better map creator than if you didn’t. Nobody likes playing games with flaws (although glitches are fun to exploit though).

Use a logo (for your game) as your thumbnail. Using a picture of your game is fine, but it isn’t the most creative and some of the best games like Team Fortress Gimkit, or Super Smash Bros, their thumbnails are all logo like.

Don’t make your thumbnail distracting with lots of colors. Take the Nike logo. It is simple and gets that job done. Try not to add things that distract viewers from what the game is about. Again as an example, Team Fortress Gimkit few colors and clearly represents what the game is about.

If you want plays, make it without question answering. Players want to just play the game, nobody wants to answer questions to play the game. (To be honest, when I see a game with Use your Kit, I don’t play it at all).

Be original. This one is pretty obvious but is highly important. You don’t want to make the 100 billionth bed wars map. If you are, somehow make it better or add roles to it. Make your game stand out!

Try not to use many words. For example, don’t put who made a map in the title of the game, put it in the description. Not using much guides are words let players act a bit more independently and in my opinion, makes the game much more cleaner and looks better.

That is all I have to say for now, if there is anything else I realize in the future, I will add it. Have a great day and best of luck when publishing your map!

-Student (Red Lion)

[1]

1. Organization ↩︎

answering questions for XP isn’t a thing anymore.

You need to answer questions when you play to earn XP.

here’s one thing I tell myself all the time when making maps, just do what you want! do what you think would be fun to do, don’t do things for views or clout or bragging rights, do it because you find it fun. the “Creative” part of GKC is there for a reason, let your creativity run wild.

there are already MULTIPLE guides on this.

How to make maps of good quality

The GimSolvian Way To Good Map-Making

Metal_sonic-1’s guide to make a great map

2 Likes

hey i see my horrible guide

its not horrible! btw idk why its smaller than the others

You forgot the # tag
there are already MULTIPLE guides on this.

How to make maps of good quality

The GimSolvian Way To Good Map-Making

Metal_sonic-1’s guide to make a great map

actually this was suppose to be more statistics likes I just need to add the numbers

do maps really need guides on how to be high quality if all you need to make a quality map is put effort and do what you want to do and not care for views (that’s the logic I go by All the time)

1 Like

well alot of people don’t put effort into it

i see my horrible guide

Well, majority wins…

ya i guess so

I wanted to add something
Try to publish at around 1:30 USA Eastern Time p.m… This is where it can get the most plays as time zones ahead are at around night and time zones behind are waking up. But it seems to be the best time to post. Lol I posted my game at 9:30 p.m. and only have like 10 plays.

1 Like