Infection system, like Snowy Survival

In this guide, I will try to show you how to make an infection system like in Snowy Survival.
I don’t recommend to remake snowy survival as whole, try to make maybe something like Plant Survival, Snowy Survival based on One Way Out (I’m obviously not forcing you, it is your choice.)

How it works:

The players will start on the same team. When the player gets knocked out, they will be switched to team 2 (any team, doesn't really matter, anything except team 1), aka the infected team. The game will end when the infected players count is equal to total players count.

Preparation (kind of)

You will need to go to settings (in your map), map options, teams, and set the teams type to cooperative.

Systems

Heres is how it will look like when done:

Aight LES GET GOING.

Player Count

You gonna go to do the guide by @samalomlom, here it is:

How to make a LIVE player counter 🟨

It is pretty much explained in a great way and is easy to follow.
The only thing you’ll have to do is (after you have completed the system in his guide) place a property, name it what you want, in my case I called it “PlayerCount”, and set its type to number.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 3.09.10 PM

Then, go to “Property” tab in the counter, set change property to yes, and choose the property you set up before.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 3.09.55 PM

Infection System

Devices used:

• Lifecycle
  • Trigger
  • Property
  • Counter
  • Team Switcher
  • End Game

System Placement:

Screenshot 2023-10-31 12.18.34 PM

Device Setup:

Lifecycle

Make sure that the lifecycle "Event" is set to "Player knocked out"

Screenshot 2023-10-31 2.53.49 PM

Trigger

Set "When Triggered" channel to anything you want, in my case i set it to "Infected", set "visible in game" to no, go to "Configuration" tab, set "Trigger by player colission" to no, go to "Availability" tab, set "Active scope" to player, and deactivate when recieveing on channel you set for "When triggered".

Screenshot 2023-10-31 2.54.10 PM
Screenshot 2023-10-31 3.00.09 PM
Screenshot 2023-10-31 2.54.47 PM
Screenshot 2023-10-31 2.55.02 PM

Property

Name the property what you want, in my case I named it "InfectedPlayers", set Property type to number.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 3.01.16 PM

Counter

Go to "Property" tab, set change property to yes, and put the name of property you setup for this system.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 3.01.49 PM

Team Switcher

Set switch stratedy to "Specific team", and the team to switch to will be "Team 2"

Screenshot 2023-10-31 3.04.03 PM

End Game

You will just have to add a channel to end the game when recieved on it, in my case I named it "EndGame":

Screenshot 2023-10-31 3.04.32 PM

Game End Block

What this one will do is when the infected amount of people are equal to amount of people in the game, the game will end.

Go to the trigger you placed, blocks, and make a block “when triggered”.
In the block, make this script:

Screenshot 2023-10-31 3.06.43 PM
For broadcast on channel, place the channel name you made in End Game device.

And you’re pretty much done.
Please someone test this becasue me as an ADHD person might have forgot to add something :skull:. For me it works but idk if it will work for you.

Credits:

@samalomlom for the Player count system, here is his guide:

And I based it from this guide:

9 Likes

finally finished this after like a day bro.

1 Like

Nice guide!! You may want to credit this guide because it came first

1 Like

Did that, thanks.

1 Like

Nice guide. I like it.

1 Like

Nice guide!

Difficulty?
  • 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10
  • 11/10
0 voters
1 Like

Great detailed guide, this should really get more attention!

1 Like

i come back here from seeing the snowy-survival tag just to run into a speed bump

1 Like

I love this a lot. Bump

1 Like

You dont need to bump if the most recent activity is within a week…

3 Likes

hey nice guide. so what about wire the trigger, lifecycle, counter, and the team switcher?

1 Like

Welcome to the community!
Those settings are not all just for the infection system, but for the scoring system.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Thank you, i have a question what about the wires that are used for the infection system, what i mean is that every time that you wire it then which choices are you supposed to choose

1 Like

you forgot to bump the guide but it okay because you new here.

1 Like

You don’t need to bump, its not necessary…

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know margimkitcreator and The_7th_dragon

2 Likes

Oh, I was talking to @margimkitcreator . Not you.

Welcome to the forums @HackerWolf

thank you 2029bensonVin