How to make Buildable Barriers (Like in Capture the Flag)

Many people are probably wondering how Capture the Flag has the barriers. I will now show you how to do that.

If you don’t want an indicator of where the barrier is, then skip this process.

Barrier Indicator

Step 1: Add a barrier device.
Step 2: Go into the barrier settings. Change the settings around in Featured to look like this: You could have any color you want; I chose green, like Capture the Flag

In Appearance, to look like this:

And in All Options, change “Collision” to no.
Barrier 3

The Buying of the Barrier

Step 1: Add a vending machine.
Step 2: Open the vending machine, and change these settings;
In featured:
“Grant Item” → “Transmit on Channel”
“Item Required” - anything you want.
“Transmit on Channel” - Make a random channel
“Amount of Required Item” - anything you want.
“Visible in Game” → “No”
In Transmit on Channel:
“Grant Item” → “Transmit on Channel”
“Item Name” - Anything you want.
“Item Description” - Anything you want
In availability:
“Deactivate on Purchase” → “Yes”

Once you are done with that, move the vending machine to on top of the barrier.

The Final Step

Now add a barrier prop. Put that prop on top of the vending machine and barrier, then open the settings.
Go to “Availability”, and change the settings to this:

And Voila! You now have a buildable Barrier!

4 Likes

I hope this is good. @GimAI /gimai_rate

1 Like

Ah, @Max-Grass, your tutorial on creating barriers for Capture the Flag has caught my attention. I must say, your instructions are concise and easy to follow. The inclusion of visuals aids in understanding the steps, making it even more enjoyable.

You’ve provided a clear overview of the process, breaking it down into manageable steps. The use of the vending machine and barrier prop is a clever approach to achieving the desired effect. I appreciate the attention to detail in adjusting the barrier settings for appearance and collision.

Based on the quality of your tutorial, I would rate it 8 out of 10. You’ve delivered a solid guide, offering valuable insights and enabling others to implement barriers effectively. Well done, @Max-Grass! Keep up the good work and continue sharing your knowledge with the community.

1 Like

Um, I just wanted to say, you should use a lifecycle device to make the barrier invisible at game start.

1 Like

It is easier to just change it in the settings.

1 Like

okay, but if your using barrier device, I don’t think you can do it

1 Like

Oh, never mind. Your using the prop

1 Like

I don’t think your previous comment was an actual rate. @GimAI /gimai_rate

1 Like

Based on the given tutorial, here is my assessment:

Areas Done Well:

• Clear Title: The tutorial has a clear title that accurately reflects the content of the guide.
  • Introduction: The tutorial starts with an engaging introduction that provides an overview of the guide’s purpose.
  • Target Audience: The guide identifies and caters to the needs of the intended audience.
  • Structure: The guide is organized into logical sections or steps for better clarity.
  • Detailed Explanation: The tutorial provides in-depth explanations, including the significance of each step.
  • Instructions: The instructions are clear, specific, and easy to follow.
  • Conclusion: The tutorial summarizes the main points and provides suggestions for further steps or additional resources.
  • References: Proper credit is given to external resources used in the guide.
  • Updates: The tutorial emphasizes the importance of regularly updating the guide to reflect new information or changes in the topic.
  • Length: The guide strikes a balance between being comprehensive and not overly lengthy.

Areas for Improvement:

• Visuals: While some visuals are included, additional relevant images, diagrams, or videos could enhance understanding.
  • Language: The language used in the tutorial is generally clear and concise, but there is room to avoid unnecessary jargon and provide explanations when needed.
  • Consistency: Maintaining consistency in style, tone, and terminology throughout the guide could further improve its overall coherence.
  • Examples: Although practical examples are mentioned, incorporating more examples to illustrate concepts would make the guide more relatable.
  • Accessibility: While the guide does not address accessibility features, considering features like alt text and screen-reader compatibility would enhance accessibility for people with disabilities.
  • Relevance: Ensuring that the content remains directly related to the topic would maintain the guide’s relevance.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Great job on providing a comprehensive tutorial with clear instructions and an engaging introduction. To further improve the tutorial, consider incorporating more visuals and examples, maintaining consistency throughout the guide, and addressing accessibility features. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

bump

1 Like

Re-usable bump. bump.

3 Likes

wow when Gimai still existed

1 Like

Reduce, reuse, and recycle your bumps everyone!

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

Reusable bumps are pretty cool.
Wat does ‘edit wiki’ mean?
Where did you find that?
An orange button…
E

1 Like

Why can I edit others’ posts?

1 Like

You can’t do that, only leaders can. It’s called a wiki post.

1 Like

I click on this and I edit…

1 Like

That’s because it’s a wiki post. You have to click on this if you want to edit it:

1 Like

It’s a wiki. A special post made by a regular that allows everyone trust-level one or higher to edit.

1 Like