How to make automatic door (EASY)

what’ll need
1 prop of your choice (I’ll use the barrier prop for the example)
1 zone
1 identical prop of your choice (optional)

Too do this you will first need to place a zone down (works better if its an enclosed area).

After that you can place the prop of your choice in the middle of the zone and set the settings
of the zone and prop like you see below

If you did this right you should be able to walk into the prop and it will disappear as if it is an automatic door.

If you want to make it so the door is only available after a certain point you can put an identical prop onto of the original prop, so that when the original prop disappears the identical prop blocks the player from going through, and seeing the original prop. Than you make the identical prop darker so that the player knows if it is available.

If you don’t want to make the prop darker you could also make it so the zone only activates after a certain event.

4 Likes

Nice guide! I like the use of images, and instructions for customization!

Remember to capitalize your sentances though…

3 Likes

Welcome @Rusty!!!

1 Like

Nice job, @Rusty! You might want to credit this guide, I made it a while ago (June 9).

1 Like

It’s not that deep. No one cares. /j

1 Like

A barrier isn’t a prop… but good guide overall!

There are some props that are barriers… and then there’s the barrier device sooo

Forgot about that, my bad! :sweat_smile:

Oh thank you for reminding me> :slight_smile:
(“sentances” is spelled sentences)

I just joined, and didn’t knew it existed.

my bad wrong person.

Please stay on topic, the mods have been restrict on banning off-topic chatters.

1 Like

how do I show it in my post?

1 Like

Just click on the link to my post, copy the URL, and paste it into your guide somewhere.

Bump…?

1 Like

hesitation be like… simple guide, and great!

2 Likes

Whew! Gee I didn’t know if people were going to get mad at me for bumping a guide from… 7 months ago.
Screenshot 2024-05-01 3.15.38 PM

longer the better! We need more retro guides.

2 Likes
  1. thanks for bumping
  2. There are better automatic door guides to be bumping (thanks though!)
  3. WOW has it really been 7 months
1 Like

But I found this one most appealing.

1 Like