How to make a "jumping" system! (Difficulty: 3/10 šŸŸ©) [WIP]

Letā€™s say you built a bridge and there is a gap in the middle of it, and you want the players to be able to jump over it. Well, this tutorial will tell you how to make a ā€œjumpingā€ system and how to make it cost energy!

Difficulty
0 voters

Part 1

1. Start by making the place where the players have to jump over. I used water as the gap. Make sure you canā€™t walk through the gap or else players can just skip through it!

2. Add 2 teleporters on each side of the place you want players to jump over.

3. Make the teleporter that players go to so they can jump over have these properties.

4. Make the teleporter that players go to so they can jump back have these properties.

5. Copy the teleporters so that they teleport you when you touch the area at all.

There you go! You now have a working ā€œjumpingā€ system! However, if you want to make it cost energy, go to part B!

Part B

WORK IN PROGRESS!

7 Likes

btw, its difficulty 5 because of part B, however it is not out yet

1 Like

Yo, i made something similar, but with buttons, and a smaller gap

2 Likes

nice can you send link? also im planning to do buttons for part B

1 Like

Yes, let me find it real quick

2 Likes

How to make a vaulting (or jumping) mechanic here it is

2 Likes

Nice job! I suggest you credit this guide, though.

3 Likes

didnt even know that one existed lol

2 Likes

Me nethier

3 Likes

Nice guide so far! Note that as a new user, you only get 24 hours to edit this, so make sure you complete it quickly. I would recommend not posting a guide until its completely finished to avoid this issue.

3 Likes

Nice guide! You should probably put the difficulty rating at the end so people donā€™t have to scroll all the way back up after reading the guide.

4 Likes

Not to be a bummer, but you arenā€™t really jumping, you are just teleporting. :

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @chapoli! Check out the new-user-must-read and forum-tips for more easy help! Read the Community Guidelines for a gist of the rules. If you ever run into a hard problem, just ask away! After all, this is a community forum!

(the original welcomer)

5 Likes

Itā€™s the only one we have right now though. Also, @wingwave, old pfp is back!

3 Likes

I ment jump up not across like in donā€™t look down

you cant do that yet also welcome to the community

1 Like

Yup! To add on to this, you have a post limit on your first few days, so use them wisely!
<=

@Little

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @Someone2269 !

Make sure to check out the new-user-must-read and forum-tips tag!

The Community Made Guides category is also very useful! The posts there give you a gist of the rules and mechanics in Gimkit Creative!

I suggest also reading the TOS and FAQ!

1 Like

@WhoAmI, it is @Akari

??? I was replying to wingwaveā€™s introduction on what to do on the forumsā€¦

@thatOneCringe , Little was formerly the official welcomer to the forums, if you check her profile.

2 Likes