How to Decorate your Maps!

How to Decorate your Maps!

by @DXCTYPE

So, before you say this has been made before, the other guides are specific to some maps, so they only work for some maps. This guide, however, is going to take you through the process of decorating your maps!

Why did I decide to make this?

Well, lately, I’ve seen a few Help topics on decorating their maps, so yeah.

Finding your theme!

It wouldn’t make sense if you have a horror-like map filled with flowers and stuff, so this step will prevent you from making that mistake. (You won’t believe how many people in my school make this mistake)

Key questions to ask yourself:

1. What do I/my audience feel when we play this map?
    One of the best questions to ask yourself. It can help you find your theme in just a few minutes!

2. What’s the backstory/lore of my map?
    Ah, another great question. If you don’t have a backstory/lore, then feel free to use these guides:

When you’re done asking yourself those questions, try and decide on a theme! Ex:
Scary, Horror
Happy, Exciting
Sad, Depressing

Decorating!

Once you’ve decided on your theme, decorate according to below:

Scary, Horror

Try to focus on dark colors, such as black and red. Also, place a barrier over the entire map make it black, and have an alpha of 25%-75%. This creates a dark atmosphere for your players.

Happy, Exciting

Try to focus on vivid colors, such as red, yellow, light blue, and pink. Try to use lots of flowers or just plants in general.

Sad, Depressing

According to a 2010 study using the Manchester Color Wheel, lots of people think of blue and gray when it comes to sad and depressing, so focus on those colors. Sorry, but that’s all I have for this. :frowning:

Aaaannndd, that’s it! Since I’m only a basic, I have 1 day of editing time, so I’ll try to add everyone’s suggestions, but after my editing time, I can’t so try and look in the replies for more tips!

2 Likes

If it was just a normal house, a house could have flowers, a scary area can have flowers.

2 Likes

Ummm, okay?

HOW DO YOU GUYS READ SO FAST???

2 Likes

Yeah, some things can fit oddly, and you can maybe acknowledge how out of the ordinary stuff can generate fan theories and fan lore, and that can be good. To answer the above, I am an amazing reader. Now back on topic for me. Nice job tho!

2 Likes

oh, yeah, so do you want to remove/replace it?

No, I was just pointing that out, as that was one example, and the example contributed to the meaning.

2 Likes

oh, alright.

Do you have any suggestions to add/remove?

My suggestion above about odd fitting.

1 Like

bump

WHY DO I KEEP ON BUMPING MY OWN TOPCIS

2 Likes

not to be rude but it’s not a great look to do that

2 Likes

bumpity bumpity boomp

BUMP! : ) Great guide!

uhh only bump guides that have not been replied to in over a week thanks

we preferred 3 or 5 days not over a week but still it doesn’t matter as long as it past that

uh its my guide i get to say what ppl can say in my topic

not really. you be taking people liberty to speak and help.

1 Like
1 Like

alright let me correct that it may be your guide and I be honest I may of off topic but I was suggesting and adding more to your comment. but that not the way you say it you should say let not talk about that and instead of saying

that just rude and may not get what u want.

2 Likes