A guide to creating good lore

wiki for @Blackfox45666
credits: How to add Easter Eggs to your maps! [Difficulty :green_square: or 2/10]

CHOOSE UR EASTER EGG STYLE

fragmented tension build up

so this type of easter egg will include fragmented bits of lore like pages or audio tapes, each skipping in between. missing certain parts adding mystery to the lore and more questions to be raised for example lets say we put a pre-recorded transmission into ur game saying
“e-echo static this i-is echo company we need immediate back up n-now!” and when u add the next pre recorded transmission its going to skip a part of the story leaving it “fragmented” like in the name of this type of easter egg what this does is it raises more questions and suspense leaving it off at certain points makes an effect like a cliff-hanger in books what you can do to make stuff seem like its fragmented or cut off is these things

1. cut off sentences mid-way to make it seem like they were interupted by something
  2. add “static” to ur sentences if ur doing like a audio tape or transmission
  3. leave out certain details as to why they were doing something or what they were atked by
  4. i have no clue :slight_smile:
side quest secret

so this is quite the opposite of the fragmented easter egg
so what you do here is you can add a secret side quest that unlocks a BIG secret not just tiny fragments of 1 big secret most games do a secret boss with these sorta secret side quests to make it tougher >:3 the main idea of this is kinda like a secret challenge unlocking a big piece of tasty fox treats :smiley_cat: WOOPS I MEANT LORE OK LORE!
like for example lets say when u defeat the challenge in the secret side quest it unlocks a radio transmission from your brother!!! saying “j-john i-is that (static) you?”
the main idea of this is basically just a secret challenge unlocking tasty fox-DARN IT I MEAN LORE

1. hidden devs note (doing tomorrow)
hidden meme >:D (done and tell me if i need to change anything aside from grammar)

so this u can do however you want but this way we’re going to to pieces of a meme
because of the wide variety of ways u can do this u we’re going to this with this method can make 4 small unnoticable references to games or anything u want but of course if u want it to be a meme easter egg (preferebly shrek hehe >:3) it has to be related to a meme also make the references interactable once the game has been completed
and they have to find them once they find one it builds up until all 4 have been interacted with
and deactivated after all that is done make anything related to text devices its much easier to put memes in via text art like if ur doing an area make it so that once all 4 have been interacted with and deactivated it unlocks that secret room or that it makes a popup with text art appear with all (i didnt know how to explain not the mechanics and just the whole point of a meme easter egg oof -_-)

3 Likes

This is not a wiki, they cannot edit
They can edit now

1 Like

welp too late to decline now so more or less might as well move it here

I didn’t see your edit in time :expressionless:

eh its fine i do need to add some more easter eggs in this guide anyways only if i could remember them…

1 Like

should be good for now im gonna work on it wednesday

1 Like

Hi guys I haven’t gotten on in like 3 months or smthing

7 Likes

Yeah, welcome back, @Alan_Shen! Glad to see you returned!
Make sure you read any updates you’ve missed in the Updates tag! There have been some pretty good ones!

ngl

@Blackfox45666, you gonna continue?

ima work on it today not sure when

1 Like

ima brainstorm now ermmmmm

anndddd done with one but im not too sure i did well…

And he Bumped, and he Bumped, and he BUMPED the house down!
I MIGHT have just BUMPed into this while searching for LORE [1]

1. AKA Matpat Juice ↩︎

1 Like

bros on a bumping spree

1 Like