How to create a GUI/desktop šŸŸŖ | WIP

Due to time constraints, I donā€™t know when I will finish this project.

2 Likes

Well, you canā€™t edit this anymore, as there is a 30-day editing limit. However, if you wish to come back to this project, contact a regular so they can make a new wiki guide for you!

(Also, this guide can be considered a showcase, as it doesnā€™t teach the user about building the GUI/desktop interface.)

1 Like

Yeah, and a wiki has an infinite amount of editing time limit so you can take all the time you want!

1 Like

I have finished a basic version of the GUI that can be easily implemented. Can you create a wiki page so I can showcase and teach others how to create complex systems in Gimkit?

2 Likes

Sure!
What should I name it?

Complex Gimkit Guides

Is this a full computer?

No, not really it seems.

This project has moved to How to create a GUI/desktop :purple_square: - Community Made Guides - Gimkit Creative. This project does not aim to emulate a full computer, but instead only a monitor(GUI/desktop).

Thanks for the clarification.

Forgot about this post hereā€¦ Why did my post get removed? Also bump.

2 Likes

You should probably ping blueboat if you want a responseā€¦

2 Likes

I was on my computer and then I bumped my nervous system into the deskā€¦

bump

any update on this?

1 Like

Bump.
Any progress?

Wait, this was back in late August? That was so long ago!

I know!

Itā€™s still interesting to think about this idea of using props instead of text for a display. Thereā€™s still two display methods nobody has messed with yet haha. (Prop displays, and extra colorful barrier displays)

2 Likes

Sorry for not updating. I have been waiting to see if either gimkit allows more storage for creative worlds or a storage efficient object that is dynamic. Without either of these 2, Itā€™s very hard to continue work. I believe they are very close to releasing dynamic objects, but I donā€™t have access to them yet. I also I have been learning CPU architecture and implementation for emulation purposes.

5 Likes

We now have text operations, so youā€™ll have more storage space.

Soā€¦
are you still where you were? And how much memory has it taken up? (oh, and you wonā€™t be able to edit this anymore. You used up your 30 day period.)