How to build/code a café | TUTORIAL | Difficulty:🟩

Here’s how to build and code your very own to-go restaurant or cafe!

STEP ONE

Build the flooring and walls of the cafe. I used gym floor as the floor and concrete as the walls!

STEP TWO

Decorate your cafe with tables, stools, and glasses and muffin trays as decoration. Create three marble tables for ordering, with three marble signs on each table and a sentry behind it. (Make sure they’re on the same team as the players so they won’t try to kill you)

STEP THREE

Add text on the marble signs indicating the menus.

STEP FOUR

Place buttons in front of the tables and edit their settings as shown. It doesn’t have to say the exact same things for the message and channel, it’s just an example. :slight_smile:

STEP FIVE

Then make a popup. Set the header as the title of your cafe or restaurant, make the content text “________ menu,” and the channel the same one from step four.

STEP SIX

Then edit the call to action label so it says something along the lines of “View Menu.” make the channel whatever.

STEP SEVEN

Make another popup set so it opens when receiving on the channel you just picked in step six. Make the header the item the player can order and the content text the price.

STEP EIGHT

Now in the popup’s call to action section, make the primary label “Order item” and the channel
“(item name) order.” Then make the secondary label “Next item” and set the channel whatever. For more items, you can make more popups and set them for the same channel that the last popup’s secondary call to action channel was.

STEP NINE

Then place a vending machine and edit it as shown. the required item amount can vary based on the item the player is trying to order. Make sure it is NOT visible in-game.

STEP TEN

In the vending machine’s channels section, make the “Attempt to purchase when receiving on” channel the primary call to action’s channel in step eight. ((item name) order)

STEP ELEVEN

To make a notification if the player does not have enough money to buy the item, wire the vending machine to a new popup and select the wire settings as shown.

STEP TWELVE

Then, in the popup’s settings, make the heading something like “Failed to Purchase” and the content text similar to what I wrote.

STEP THIRTEEN

Enjoy!!

15 Likes

I will buy this cafe for $10,000.
Nice guide!

3 Likes

Nah, I’m saying $50,000.

Great guide, @Chong!

6 Likes

Nah, i’m saying $100,000.

6 Likes

Ok, you win.

(that was off-topic)

2 Likes

@LxmasHasCandy Thank you so much!! :smiley: :heart:

1 Like

@wingwave thank you!! :blush: :smiley:

1 Like

No problem!

2 Likes

This idea is cool, you could make a game where you have to answer questions to take orders from customers, and earn cash every day.

4 Likes

Ooh that would be so cool!! Do you mind if I try and make a tutorial on how to code for that?

1 Like

I think it would be great!

2 Likes

@mysz thanks! :smiley: :blush: :heart:

1 Like

i love this! its so cool!!!

2 Likes

@LlamaLady22 Aww thanks so much!! :blush:

1 Like

this is actually a really good guide! This could be alternated and be turned into one of those cafe tycoons where the owner can upgrade their menu and cafe if they have enough money. Cool!

3 Likes

@Vortex-Mist thank you so much!!

2 Likes

(looks for a drink)

(walks into cafe)

(bumps into this guide)

2 Likes

Can there be a carpet?

2 Likes

(Walks into the cafe)
(Reads menu)
(Menu: BUMP)