Complex Gimkit Guides [COLLAB WITH @Cavaire3D, DONT EDIT IF YOU AREN’T HIM]

Please Upvote https://feedback.gimkit.com/7879 so that I can create the more complex guides more easily. Overall Dificulty :black_large_square:

If you aren’t @Cavaire3D please don’t edit this, he has requested for me to create a wiki for him.

Hello Gimkit Creative Community,

I wanted to create a wiki page that hosts many guides to some of the more advanced programming bounds in Creative. In this wiki, I will outline the following:
Hardware Emulation
Object Oriented Programming
Graphical User Interfaces,
Bitwise operations in gimkit
And More,

All of this will be used for an extremely difficult undertaking:

Emulating Minecraft and Doom on Creative

Hardware Emulation
(As I haven’t fully implemented any hardware emulation yet, I can’t write about it. Stay tuned for updates)

The Looping Channel Glitch (Doesn’t use a loop)

First Found/Described HERE

I am still researching this glitch. To my current knowledge, this glitch allows a channel broadcast can be called to every channel but the intended one. More to come, though.

9 Likes

its not a wiki yet

I forgot, thanks for reminding me lol

5 Likes

Overall Dificulty :black_large_square: Hello Gimkit Creative Community,

I wanted to create a wiki page that hosts many guides to some of the more advanced programming bounds in Creative. In this wiki, I will outline the following:

Please Upvote https://feedback.gimkit.com/7879 so that I can create the more complex guides more easily.

Hardware Emulation
Object Oriented Programming
Graphical User Interfaces,
Bitwise operations in gimkit
And More,

All of this will be used for an extremely difficult undertaking:

Emulating Minecraft and Doom on Gimkit Creative.

Hardware Emulation
(As I haven’t fully implemented any hardware emulation yet, I can’t write about it. Stay tuned for updates)

The Looping Channel Glitch (Doesn’t use a loop)

First Found/Described HERE

Code

I am still researching this glitch. To my current knowledge, this glitch allows a channel broadcast can be called to every channel but the intended one. More to come, though.

1 Like

this is noice! And interesting.

Me: fixes a grammatical issue
Haisai: YOU EDITED
Me: hehe

7 Likes

I think that you could all help together.

1 Like

I would be in much need of help for the Final Emulation (Doom and Minecraft). If anybody wants to provide help with this project, I will occasionally host an open-world edit on the Gimkit Discord. Also, feel free to reply to the wiki post with more ideas for the wiki.

1 Like

Thank you for telling me.

How exactly would you make an emulation of a game, inside of a game. Especially if one of those games is literally the biggest game in existence?

Ooh, Minecraft and Doom in GKC? If you successfully undertake this, you’ll go down in history…

2 Likes

What does it do now?

If Doom can be ported to 2ds it can be ported to gimkit.

1 Like

No, that’s not building from scratch in a kinda inflexible engine.

I’m going to start with Doom, as it stands for an unspoken achievement level for emulation. It currently can change colors and wait times and change colors.

Noice. This’ll go very well with Technical Gimkit.

1 Like

The best part is that I will document every step and produce a comprehensive guide so anyone can create emulators in Gimkit Creative.

1 word: cool. Well, nice work coming up! I bet I wouldn’t have the stamina and patience to document every single step.

(I can’t even finish 1 guide without taking a week off)

4 Likes

I hope to not be the only person working on this. After I finish my research on either emulation using blocks(???), or Gimkit’s undocumented API(Create Documentation
), I hope to have more people help me build the (less complicated) parts of the world.

1 Like

What exactly is the goal? The reason I never started with the GUI projects is that I just couldn’t understand what I would be trying to make. A hard project is fine, but a project without a goal is impossible. Are you just trying to make a system with a set of controls to create any image with the right input?

The end goal is to prove that it’s possible to emulate non-gimkit games/apps on creative. This includes creating the emulator and attempting to run a non-modified version of the game(if available).