A guide to creating good lore based easter eggs (Editing Expired)

credits: How to add Easter Eggs to your maps! [Difficulty đźź© or 2/10]

CHOOSE UR EASTER EGG STYLE

fragmented tension build up

so this type of easter egg will include fragmented bits of lore like pages or audio tapes, each skipping in between. missing certain parts adding mystery to the lore and more questions to be raised for example lets say we put a pre-recorded transmission into ur game saying
“e-echo static this i-is echo company we need immediate back up n-now!” and when u add the next pre recorded transmission its going to skip a part of the story leaving it “fragmented” like in the name of this type of easter egg what this does is it raises more questions and suspense leaving it off at certain points makes an effect like a cliff-hanger in books what you can do to make stuff seem like its fragmented or cut off is these things

1. cut off sentences mid-way to make it seem like they were interupted by something
  2. add “static” to ur sentences if ur doing like a audio tape or transmission
  3. leave out certain details as to why they were doing something or what they were atked by
  4. i have no clue :slight_smile:
side quest secret

so this is quite the opposite of the fragmented easter egg
so what you do here is you can add a secret side quest that unlocks a BIG secret not just tiny fragments of 1 big secret most games do a secret boss with these sorta secret side quests to make it tougher >:3 the main idea of this is kinda like a secret challenge unlocking a big piece of tasty fox treats :smiley_cat: WOOPS I MEANT LORE OK LORE!
like for example lets say when u defeat the challenge in the secret side quest it unlocks a radio transmission from your brother!!! saying “j-john i-is that (static) you?”
the main idea of this is basically just a secret challenge unlocking tasty fox-DARN IT I MEAN LORE

1. hidden devs note (will do later)

2. hidden meme >:D (will do later)

5 Likes

uhhh, may want to do more on this guide before posting it but nice

1 Like

ik its a bad habit i have but its just my way of doing things drafts i find annoying so i dont use them much

1 Like

This will be interesting…

1 Like

That’s what you always say…

it will be!

1 Like

commenting on this so I get notified when it gets updated. (I need this guide so bad XD)

You can just set the Notification Topic Control to “Watching” or “Tracking.”

2 Likes

ah thank you, that helps alot actually

So… more of this tomorrow?

updated! meow! :3

I figured you would wait until Easter to post this…

1 Like

still a wip but cant edit it no more :frowning:

I could make a wiki (if you want)

sure ig but im not too sure on that just yet @GimSolver

@DXCTYPE did a cool one of these, but this is semi-OG.

Time to make a trade marked bump.

StoĂźen the german, well ^

2 Likes

BUMP, you can finish the guide in the comments. (I’ll stop bumping now.)

Yessss i BUMPed into an Easter egg! Hope it’s chocolate! :yum:

1 Like

Chocolate? Chokes on chocolate, drum starts playing in backround Wait! No!
Oompa Loompa

1 Like

Editing expired :sob:

3 Likes