Trigger-Relay-Relay interactions

Come on. Without you, this wouldn’t even exist. Neither would a quarter of everything else I know.

I know, but I literally do not understand relays at all when they are connected like this.

It’s actually quite simple. If you want me to go Zypheir I’d gladly do so.

1 Like

Please do. I might need to take notes.

Actually, if @mysz wants to take this, I’ll let him. Or anyone else.

I’m talking about sets.

The complement of a set is another set with all elements that the first set doesn’t include (I think).

It would be much better to just use wire repeater gates, but here’s one set.

{Random Team, Random Team 2} out of 4 teams.

{Other team 1, Other team 2}.

Looks like @Blackhole927 is making a long description.

So, iterated relays are cool, but some I completely do not understand, like “Random Player” → “All players”. What would that even do? I’m guessing it ignores the random player part, and still relays to all players since random players are part of the set A of all players.

I need to learn some set theory for relays, because relays are ALL about sets. Yet again, more math in gimkit.

It’s using multiple relays to narrow down a set of players into a smaller set.

set = {all players}

First, a relay relays for all players on the game hosts team.
set = {all players on game hosts team}

Second, a relay relays for all other players
set = {everybody not on the game hosts team}

Third, a relay selects a random player from the set.
set = {random player not on the game hosts team}

Finally, that player relays for all members of their team
set = {a random team that is not the game hosts team}

1 Like

Yeah, like I asked above. I’m guessing it would just call all players?

Is anyone about to binge-learn set theory just for relays? I love how relays are literally just set operators in gimkit but simplified. They work with the set A, which is all real players (non-spectator).

Set operations with a set of players

Oh wait I already learned set theory in school ima go look at relays now

Blackhole927, who is about to make “How to make sets in gimkit” to continue the data value series. We just need tuples now (I forgot how those worked).

You know, this could open up research for other device combos. For example, some devices still need to be more in-depth researched.

Well its sets with players but yeah

I think I kinda get it. Thanks, @blackhole927!

1 Like

@NavyCatZ and @ClicClac have seriously just opened up a new realm of ideas lol.

1 Like

I’ma go figure out how to pick out players and teams etc with relays now bye

1 Like

I’m glad in stats we learned about unions, intersections, complements, and more about sets so I can kind of understand the idea of iterated relays.

This is so useful when you think about it. You could count how many players are on teams, when there are 2 teams. Relay → all players on my team → increment counter → all other players → increment other counter.