Thumbnail Help (Yall are all amazing)

Some people might not be able to get on like Padlet or wix sites due to admin for school.

2 Likes

That would be ideal, but there would have to be mass coordination to get all of the art requests to a padlet. Also, new users wouldn’t be in on the memo, so we would have to tell them every time. It COULD work though!

1 Like

do you still need me to test your thingy from last night?

2 Likes

yeah, and if we really want to make it OFFICIAL the mods would have to put it in the banner thing for new users (which would be too much work for them) and probably would be farfetched since if people can’t look at the banner and follow those rules, they probably won’t see it lol but ya never know

also,

what thingy?

a thingy (from discord) that ClicClac asked me to test last night, but i left : D

@ClicClac say nothing if no

2 Likes

True, I guess. I still suggest reducing thumbnail requests though.

But, how did these art requests even start? Well, to begin with, around December 23rd, a guide called “How to make good Thumbnails for publishing your game!” was created by Nixximon (which seems to be deleted, likely by the moderators). This guide was well appreciated by the community, just like most guides. Around the same date, in the replies of the guide, user Crimson_Knight would post a reply saying “I was wondering if you could make a thumbnail for my game???”. Nixximon would reply back, stating he would be happy to help. This is where it all began. Nixximon would send back Crimson_Knight a work of theirs. They were the first, the OG “artist”. It all quickly escalated from there. Users would create help topics asking for thumbnails for their map, some would even hold contests choosing the best thumbnail. Some of the most known artists (outside of Nixximon) were Kat_Aronii, I_Like_Props, th3_ca1tsune, Edwards, VoidFluffy… As you might know, some weren’t happy about this.

7 Likes

Thank you for expressing how some of us really feel.
#banthumbnailrequests

5 Likes

ahem toenails

ok guess clicclac doesnt need me today

1 Like

@bobithan You didn’t summon me but still

Other stuff I did

Screenshot 2024-04-13 5.37.12 PM
Screenshot 2024-04-13 4.32.11 PM

Screenshot 2024-04-13 5.01.01 PM
Screenshot 2024-04-13 4.09.26 PM

Yes, just in a little bit.

this could be a new category? thumnails&art showcase? maybe? idk just suggestion

Hey @Chris10 I love the effort that went into it! But it is against the guidelines to use Gimkit™ branding in your thumbnails. Again, you did great. For more info, please refer to the Gimkit Content Guidelines

What. Wdym by “was against the rules???”

1 Like

@Foxy told @AnyPerson when I first asked for a thumbnail that “should remove the background on the g
gimkit branding is against the guidlines

If anyone is just joining here are the details for the thumbnail: We need a bed on an island floating in the sky, a bed will be to the right, there will be any type of wall stone, dirt, anything for the wall protecting the bed! There will be the water glass gim skin protecting the bed, and another gim trying to ‘ki ll’ the gim who is protecting the bed.

Ill make a poll when void and ilikeprops are done :slight_smile:

publishing rules are here
@Morepeko8 rule 9 is not using gimkit branding or logos

3 Likes

ohh mb! i didnt know that! : D

2 Likes

@bobithan I started it, but it’s been a crazy couple of days. I’ll get it to you by Tuesday? Maybe…?

Any day is fine, ill wait :slight_smile:

And, I need to wait for void too. Of he/she makes a thumbnail too

1 Like