The Graphing Calculator Guide | Difficulty: đŸŸȘ

jaw dropping

1 Like

Yeah, I was going to make a trig graphing calculator. I’m going into PreCalc anyway, so wish me luck!

3 Likes

If I have the memory I might try radical calculator.

1 Like

How much memory do you think it will take up? Hope it is not too much.

1 Like

You don’t really need any. The only new stuff is parametric equations (basic, so easy), polar coordinates (also basic), vector and matrix algebra (sometimes they don’t even have them in the curriculum), and limits (it depends on your school if you learn them, but they’re easy).

1 Like

On second thought, wouldn’t that be a waste? Would my friends be interested in me making a calculator? NO. They just want to have fun. So I won’t make a calculator.

2 Likes

My friends don’t care about the gimkitting I do, so I would totally make that just for fun.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I only have 3 slots, and not much memory left. Plus, 2 of my friends have accounts on this forum, and others are loving playing Monopoly, but they want my games to be fun.

1 Like

Alright. Thanks!

1 Like

No problem. I mean, my friends actually expect me to be good and make good games. Nobody is studying with a calculator, and who actually wants to play with a calculator. It is very impressive to make things like that, but my friends have different thoughs for me. Plus, Monopoly is at 66% mem and is probably going to take up a lot more, My other map is at 65%, and I am still adding on to that, and my other map with 28% is the one I plan to do Checkers on. So yeah. I mean, I played a game with @LxmasHasCandy and it was fun. It wasn’t complicated or hard in any way, but it was what I wanted to do over and over again. How complicated do you think the actual Gimkit games are themselves? Not super. But their fun.

3 Likes

Yeah I have some games that do that (gimkit arsenal and farmers’ quest).

2 Likes

Actually, those are my only maps.

3 Likes

So essentially, highly technical projects are very cool to see and all, but fun things like battle royale and infection maps are what people want to see.

2 Likes

Agreed with both of you. You know what they say. Give the people what they want.

1 Like

It’s actually The council will decide your fate.

2 Likes

There are probably multible sayings.

1 Like

I just realized I can’t explain the code line by line, since I didn’t pick good variable names and therefore have no idea what does what :frowning:

Ima go make a recursion guide now

5 Likes

@here me out:

So, first you generate random graphs in the calculator. Use recursion to slowly move them down. Next, you teleport players onto (1, 1) on the graphing calculator, and use a dropper-styled technique to make their speed 0, and they can go left and right and up and down. Then, detect if they’re on a black square using idk, and if they are, they respawn. YOU’VE CREATED A JUMP ROPE MINIGAME!

2 Likes

It would actually be useful if they removed delay from the trigger and make it so it moves during the game.

Display based games are tricky to make since you have to set pixels based things that aren’t a graph, but yeah, this would be interesting.

1 Like